cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice to RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing Webservice to RFC scenario ... i did all the design and configuration part ... even when i tested from XML spy its working .... My question i have to give the URL to the USER which URL i have to give to access the Webservice ... and then how they test it..

SV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find it within the WSDL file or within XML spy tool. There will be option within XML spy tool wherein you can edit the end point URL.

The pattern will be as follows

[http://<servername>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<Party><BusinessSystem>:<Channel>]

Thanks,

Gujjeti

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 5, 2008 7:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

http://XXXX:XXXXX/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_ATPCheck:Out_WS_ATPCheck

when i opened this URL from IE its asking for XI user ID login and Password... I cant give this to the end user ..

SV

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wont provide username and password, end user cannt post data.

May I know why you dont want to provide the same?

Thanks,

Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even if i gave the USER ID and PAssword but the link is not opening in IE

SV

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link just says if the status of the message servlet is OK.

Thanks,

Gujjeti

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 5, 2008 7:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes Praveen I am getting the MessageServlet Status is O.K..

But my question is the enduser cant acess the URL which we generated from RFC..

then whats the use of doing the scenario...

or we have to develop the webservice or with the WSDL file we generated the enduser will create the Webservice..

SV

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create a webservice as it is alreay done on XI.

You just need to the application data based on the WSDL request XSD using some SOAP client(e.g., XMLSPY, AXIS SOAP CLIENT etc..)

If your end user is in some other landscape, you have to provide the public IP address of the XI server. Means you have to add end user IP address in the firewall entry of your landscape(to and fro). This will be taken care by network administrator. But it might require several approvals depending upon your company.

Thanks,

Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

What i understand from your reply is The enduser have to build the application which uses wsdl file to send the request to r/3 using the XI..

Correct me if i am wrong

SV

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>The enduser have to build the application which uses wsdl file

Yes, Ask the End user to try with soapUI 2.0.2 tool.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect,

You understood it exactly.

Still any queries welcome.

thanks,

Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more question is that now my webservice defn etc is been seen and executed in the xml spy properly now.

Do we need to build the UI for this webservice to give it to the end user so that it sits on thier application or normally do they do the same.

As its normally been built by html.Just wnated to know the normal practice generally followed in any other projects?.

Thanks a lot.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Do we need to build the UI for this webservice to give it to >>the end user so that it sits on thier application or normally >>do they do the same.

No need to build UI for this webservice, as webservice based on open web standards.

It is upto the enduser.

End user can use a standard SOAP client or they can customize a standard SOAPclient using some AXIS SOAP client(using java, or some other language)

>>As its normally been built by html.Just wnated to know the >>normal practice generally followed in any other projects?.

Above explanation applies here too

Thanks,

Gujjeti

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 5, 2008 8:16 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>the URL to the USER which URL i have to give to access the Webservice

You are right, If it Sync it will the responsed back is it.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss