SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events in FI-CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts can you help me with:

How to debug a transaction activating an event in FI-CA?

Do you have a how to guide? About debugging a transaction using of the events in FI-CA?

Rgs,

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you know your Function module, you go to SE37 and press F7.

You press 'CtrlShiftF12'. Break points would be set in the Function module <FM>.

Now when you test your program and if this FM is used by your program, it wud go into de-bugging mode...

Also if you want to set break-point at particular line <only when it is allowable>, you double click on the line(s), your break point would be active...now you run u r program, it is run in debugging mode and stops at the break point...

Also you use '/h' in the t-code menu, it would take you into debugging mode.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

RonnyF
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to stop on every FI-CA event then I recommend you to set a breakpoint at function module FKK_FUNC_MODULE_DETERMINE. Put transaction /h for debugging or dbug for the debugging of a mass activity and then you'll stop on every FI-CA event. In import parameter I_FBEVE you'll see the called event. And with transaction fqevents (since release 4.71) you can see the task of the event.

Best regards,

Ronny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For searching events : Use the transaction FQEVENTS..

Finding Suitable Events:

You have various search options. Via the user settings, you can

Display search terms (*)

Activate the combination of search terms for the search

Activate the full text search

Enable direct specification of the event required

Display the list of events (*)

SAP recommends that you activate at least the (*) entries.

Also if you know the transaction, Put a break point in FM : FKK_DETERMINE* so that the relevant event will be known

Regards

SHiva