cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emulators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me how to get the emulators for nokia phones and how to use them to test an application developed for MI using webdynpro for java.

are there any prerequisites to download these emulators or to use them.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think u can get an emulator for nokia through google.com

How much I know SAP Web Dynpro for JAVA and SAP MI are two different product of SAP.

1) using Web Dynpro for java we can build a connected mobile application where as

2) using SAP MI we can build a disconnected mobile application

So i don't know how to develop a MI application using Web dynpro for java because both are two different perspective in NWDS.

You can also use Windows Mobile emulator and u can go to the Microsoft's website and please download three things

1.setup.exe >> just for virtual PC 2007 setup

2.V1Emulator 1.0

3.another exe file most probably efp.msi

and the last one to connect ur PC with this mobile device please download

4.setup.exe >> for ActiveSync4.0

Install these one by one in the above mentioned sequence.

Then one folder will be created when ur PC and the device will be connected. Place all the folders u want to share with this device. Place CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.cab

in that folder to install the JVM and click on that it'll be installed..on the emulator

.In the same way u can install MI 2.5 using MI25Tom_en.cab (for JSP runtime environment) file to test ur application.

I hope u would b able to test ur application.

If it works, please reward some points....

Regards,

Laboni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP NetWeaver Mobile is divided in to three sub-capabilities

1. NetWeaver Mobile - Occasionally Connected Client

2. NetWeaver Mobile - Always Connected Client

3. Voice

Occasionally Connected Client:

This is a installed client (incl DB) on the device which includes a out of signal operation.

Currently Windows Mobile Devices and Laptops are supported

Always Connected Client

Browser-based with a zero installation on the device.

Supports Nokia S60 devices (E90, E61), Blackberry and Windows Mobile Devices

You can download the Nokia S60 emulator from http://forum.nokia.com.

Just search for S60 Platform SDK.

Best Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for your help Stefan;

1. Please tell me in more layman terms what is the difference

between Occassionally connected environmentandalways

connected environment?

2. We already have an ESS website built using webdynpro

for java and enterprise portal ecc6.0 for our organisation.

Now we want to implement it in MI.

So how will we have to proceed .

I mean do we have to recreate all the applications again or

the same applications can be used.

3. If we create an application in a normal webdynpro

perspective and deploy it in the Was then if I specify its url

to the mobile device or emulator then will that application run

on mobile device or emulator.

If that application runs then what is the difference between

applications built in MI perspective and applications built in

webdynpro perspective.

4. I already have downloaded SDk for S60 from nokia website

But I don't know now how to use it. It also gave some

warning while installation that perl could not be found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzar,

perhaps expaining the first thing will help you to understand the rest as well....

Occasionally connected and always connected - what is the difference. Well, in simple words: a user that has always connection to the internet while he is working - he is always connected. So if you need to book parts onto your job and while you do that it is 150% guaranteed that you have connection - you can do this for example in EP. But EP has a problem - it is optimized for large screens. So you use MI for always connected devices and at the end you hve in simple words a web page that is displayed on the browser of the device (for example your Nokia). So the emulator - all you do is to start the emulator as such and in there use the browser to test the WD Mobile application. Because... it is just a webpage with no installation. Call the URL - working - fine.

Occasionally connected on the other hand is completely different. There you need to take data with you on the client. The user can work even where no connection is available at all - cause he will have the relevant data on his device already. To have this, it is necessary to have a mobile device with either Win32 or WinCE installed, cause the MI client has to be installed on the device. With the synchronisation process you get down the data you need to your device and so you can work locally with that data. Once you have done your work and you have connection again, you sync the data again and so it is updated in the backend.

From the initial question and the last reply I have the feeling, you want to go for always connected application.

Hope that helps to answer some of your questions.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver thankyou for your help .

Please give some of your valuable time to answer my one more query!

Suppose I have a simple wap enabled phone like sony erickson

K310i or any other normal wap enabled phone will it support MI application.I mean can I use MI application in a normal wap enabled phone or it is only possible in blackberry phones or some specific phone models?

Have a gr8 day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laboni thankyou for your help .

Please give some of your valuable time to answer my one more query!

Suppose I have a simple wap enabled phone like sony erickson

K310i or any other normal wap enabled phone will it support MI application.I mean can I use MI application in a normal wap enabled phone or it is only possible in blackberry phones or some specific phone models?

Have a gr8 day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if you have a WAP enabled phone .. good question - I never did that, I am dealing 99% of my time with Occasionally connected applicaitons on Windows Mobile based devices. So I have the complete runtime on the device. What you are looking for is more an always connected application based on WDMobile. Unfortunately at the moment I can not give you some valuable help there.

Hopefully I have some time in the near future to answer these questions for my own.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Oliver I have sent you 2 different emails please check them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laboni;

Here I need your help again please tell me I have an emulator now if I build an application for always connected scenario then am I going to copy the url of deployed application in the browser of my emulator or is there any other way .

Also there is one more doubt that do I need to specify any internet settings in the emulator. Please help

Regards;

Anzar