cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Transaction type selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new document type in SRM for Serviecs and linked the newly created number range in SRM.

Also created the same number range has external number range in R/3 system, and created the new document type and linked the numebr range to document type in R/3

I have also added this new document type in attribute BSA in Org Structure. When I create a PO in SRM Portal, I should be getting an option to choose using which transaction type I want to create the PO.

Or

I want to specify for Service always use document type B and for other say catalog goods use document type A. I would appreciate if can one throw light on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One approach will be to take z copies of the existing service for each document type you create. I don't remember exactly which screen , some where you need pass this document type.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imthiaz

Thanks for your reply. Can you elaborate more on what you mean by

"take z copies of the existing service for each document type you create"

I couldn't get that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imthiaz

I know that I set the newly created document type in PPOMA_BBP under BSA attribute type.

I have set the created new doucment type B for services and added it for a particular user in Org structure. However when I order catalog for the user, the new document type B is getting determined automatically. However we want to have existing document type A for catalog and the new document type B for Services ONLY.

I am trying to find where is this set. Any input would be highly appreicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkatesh,

You can use BADI "BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW" and Method "FILL_PO_INTERFACE1" (if you are using R/3 4.7 or higherversion as backend). This will transfer Shopping Cart data to BAPI "BAPI_PO_CREATE1" which ultimately creates PO.

FILL_PO_INTERFACE1 is used to change SC Data for "BAPI_PO_CREATE1" based on specified conditions.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks

Shrini Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrini for your response.

BADI "BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW" does not exist in SRM 4.0. The corresponds BADI in SRM 4.0 is "BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK".

The documentation of this BADI says that it can be used to change all data TRANSFERRED TO THE BACKEND SYSTEM to create a purchase order.

I would want the document type to be selected when the PO is created in SRM and not when SRM transfers the PO to the backend. Because in that case I fear that SRM can have one doucment type and R/3 would end up having different document type for same PO.

I will activate the BADI and keep the thread posted.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the language in yr first post is confusing & not clear.

I make following assumptions. Pl confirm whether correct.

You have cretaed a new PO (BUS2201) trans type in SRM.

Assigned a new no range interval to that.

then created new doc type in ECC config for this PO trans type in SRM

and assigned the same no range used above as external no range

You are working in ECS (ex classic) since you say first PO is created in SRM

and expect copy of the same in ECC with yr chose doc type of PO in ECC.

try one thing

use the same name for trans type in SRM & Doc type in ECC

eg ZSRV

in SRM : IMG->Supplier Relationship Management SRM Server Cross-Application Basic Settings Define Transaction Types BUS2201 Transaction TypesNew entries

In ECC : SPRO Materials Management Purchasing Purchase Order Define Document TypesNew entries

Same no range should be internal and external in SRM & ECC resp.

Also define this no range in “Define Number Ranges per Backend System for Follow-on Documents”

Under SRM IMG  Supplier Relationship Management SRM Server Cross-Application Basic Settings.. Number Ranges… SRM Server Number Ranges… Define Number Ranges per Backend System for Follow-on Documents…define the logical system and no range for PO

In PPOMA BBP

Define yr doc type ZSRV for attribute BSA

Also define for ´ trans type Create PO manually ´ DP_PROC_TY

Test and update

BR

Dinesh