cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call view depending on parameters in the URL

0 Kudos

My WebDYnpro application can be called in 2 different ways. Two fields of the DATA_ENTRY view are passed as parameters "&DOC_NR=<parm1>&DOC_TYPE=<parm2>" or they just remain empty. When the parameters remain empty, the (default) DATA_ENTRY view should be shown. However when the parameters are filled, the RESULT view (in the same window) should be called immediately (skipping the first DATA_ENTRY view). I know that I can check the parameters passed with the HANDLEDEFAULT (event handler). I would think I should fire the "FIRE_RESULT_PLUG" in the WDDOBEFORENAVIGATION method of the window. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm not sure how to do this. I'm looking for example code. Can somebody help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi paul.......

in the same handlein method itself you can fire the plug that calls the second view with repect to the parameter.

---regards,

alex b justin

0 Kudos

How do I get a reference to the correct view? I can't do WDTHIS->FIRE_RESULT_PLUG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do WDTHIS->FIRE_RESULT_PLUG. Actually you need to create outbound plug to window which will naviagte to inbound plug of the result view.

0 Kudos

This was what I was looking for. This solved the problem. Thanks, Paul Lauwers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

why you want to call the view in WDDOBEFORENAVIGATION

you can fire in handledefault method of the window.

Regards

Naresh