cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Division" in Customer & Material Master Records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frnds,

Can anybody tell me DIVISION field used in Customer Master & Material Master is same or different ??

Plz remember we normally enter Company code and Sales Area{S.ODist ChDiv} at Customer Master ..whereas in material master we enter Plant, Storage Location,

Sales Org & Dist Ch. only .........here Division field is given in Basic data 1 screen !!

Can anyone clarify my doubts !!! Points will be rewarded !!

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards

MAYANK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you want your material to be specific with division then you can maintain it in MMR. Where as for customer you need to be speicific with sales area so you require a division. And if you maintin divison in MMR then you are making that product speific to a particular division. And when using this material in slaes order the customer also to be of that particular division. And if both are not same you get an error.

This can be changed in Sales doc type so that you won't get any error even if the division differs frm material and customer.

regards

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !!

Thanks to all for valuable inputs.

Points already rewarded for useful answers.

Warm regards,

MAYANK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Division in Customer master and Material master are same.

But Use of there are diffrent.

Like in Customer master you can maintain the different division for one Distribution Channel Which is known as sales area.

In Material master you can maintain the different division for one Distribution Channel on Plant.

Regards,

Sandip

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I want to know why Division field is given separately in Material Master { in Basic data 1 view} .??

Why is it not maintained same as Customer Master Record??

Hi maynak

Customer master record

When you create a customer master record with XD01 or VD01 you need to enter the sales area where in you need to enter the division also . That means that customer is available in that sales area

Material master record :

In MMR , in Basic data1 view also we have divison and in sales orgn2 view also we have division. Mainly basic data1 view is for the end users as all views are not possible to see. by the end user

When you create a Material master record you wont be having the option of division but you will be entering only sales orgn, dist channel , storage location and plant. and you will be creating a material

This is because material is something which is to be sold and we create a material through sales orgn, dist channel,storage location and plant only because material is available in storage location and it is the subset of plant and through distribution channel only we send the materials to the end customer .

But if you enter the division in MMR then that material will be specific to that sales area only.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Division is a way of grouping materials, products, or services.

Let's say you go to a Electronics shop. You would see products arranged in sections like Televisions, Washing Machines, Audio Products etc.

From S&D point of view, each of these sections can be defined as a Division.

So, Televisions can be assigned to one division only. You would also see that sales people in these section are experts in area they are working i.e. they can guide you better in buying this article.

In simple terms, the use of divisions lets you organize your sales structure around groups of similar products or product lines. This allows the people in a division who process orders and service customers to specialize within a manageable area of expertise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Division is maintained in material master means that particular material is available in that division.there is no particular field for division in customer master. but we have maintained the customer for sales area.There also we have to choose common division for reducing the master data maintainance.

Thanks,

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should be more specific for your question.. I can't understand what u want to know..

I think i m able to answer ur question but u have to be very clear.

regards

Happy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I want to know why Division field is given separately in Material Master { in Basic data 1 view} .??

Why is it not maintained same as Customer Master Record??

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have division mainatiend at two levels in SAP

1) At customer master : this tells the sytems teh valid divisions (valid sales area combinations) in which we may do sales with the cusyomer.

2) At Material master : this tells us the parent division in which material is maintained.

When you create a sales order, the header division is picked from the sales area, while the item division is picked from the material master.

This are two different entities of sales order. But, are usually maintained as same. (unless we have cross-division sales allowed, as configured in sales order type)