cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing application Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I need to change the name of an application. For this I am doing the following steps:

Under the src->packages folder... there is a file application.wdapplication. I am changing this file name to newapplication.wdapplication.

Then I am importing this project into NWDS.

The changed application name is being reflected properly in the imported project. But when I am trying to deploy the application... the deployment is getting aborted.

I am getting the following error :

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application na.ko.com/dc_paymentreport.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application na.ko.com/dc_paymentreport. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application na.ko.com/dc_paymentreport. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Please provide your valuable suggestions...

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Why don't you delete the existing application and recreate the one with the desired name. It's only matter of a minute to create a new application specifying the window and the interface view.

Regards,

Murtuza

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open SDM

\usr\<SID>\JC<inst_num>\SDM\program\RemoteGUI.bat

Go to undeployment, select your project for undeployment. and undeploy the selected one.

Now, you can deploy name changed application.

nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The problem, I wont be able to undeploy the existing application. Is there any way to achieve the requirement without undeploying the existing project application ????

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new application which points to the same interface and window.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyaparaj,

I created a new application using the same existing component... then i deleted the previous application. But still deployment is getting aborted.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Try to rebuild the project and see whether the application is getting Build in the Infrastructure Console.

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

The build is successful...

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

U told that u have renamed the application in the src --packages , why dont u delete those meatdata and rebuild the Application and deploy it.

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae...

I didnt understand that deleting metadata...

Kindly explain a bit elaborately this part...

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After deleting the old application and recreating the new application, delete the gen_wdp folder in your navigatore view and rebuild your project.

Now try to redeploy your project.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza..

Ideleted the gen_wdp folder and did wat u said... but i m getting the following error..

Aborted: development component 'PriceList_new1'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0........'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application local/PriceList_new1.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/PriceList_new1. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/PriceList_new1. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Edited by: sayan ghosh on May 5, 2008 9:18 PM

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Just restart the server and close and open ur NW and again try to deploy it .

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

The error says that there are some referenced DCs to your DCs. If there are referenced DCs available then deploy them first before deploying your DC.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you revert back the changes that you have made. I mean to say rename back the .wdapplication file to the original name. Then create a new application with the new name and then delete the previous one.

Just renaming the file to change the application name does not help. The same is referenced at lot of other places to.

The way i used to do the same is by deleting the existing one and creating a new application with the new name. This does not take much time and effort.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

The problem is solved... I created a new application.. used the existing component... deleted the existing application... and then renamed the component also.... then deployed...

its working fine...

Thanks All of you.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

The trace that you have been posting is the Deployment Aborted trace.

For more definite reasons for the same you can have a look at the Additional Information tarce available.

You can post it here too fro more answers.

Regards,

Alka.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please try this one :

Right Click on the Application >refactor>rename .

but i am not sure whether this option is available with the NWDS.

and try to rebuild the project and check whether the application has the required component .

Otheerwise create a new Application and use the existing component .

Finally delete the Old Application.

Thanks and Regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

I do not have the renaming/refactoring option as i am using NWDS 7.0.10.

I also tried the second method suggested by you, ie "create a new Application and use the existing component .Finally delete the Old Application."

But this time also deployment is getting aborted... The error coming is:

Aborted: development component 'dc_paymentreport'/'na.ko.com'/'local'/'20080505185814'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application na.ko.com/dc_paymentreport.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application na.ko.com/dc_paymentreport. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application na.ko.com/dc_paymentreport. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to undeploy the application(as suggested by nikhil) and then we u can deploy ur application.

Thanks and regards

Fistae