cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change log on language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is any possibility to change the language you are logged on to the system. For example let's say you are logged in german and you want to change to english. Can you do that without logging of and logging back on in english?

10x for any kind of help or workaround

B00gie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI calin,

How to change Login Window language (Mac OS X)

The Mac OS X Login Window uses the language that was selected during installation. After installation, you can change the language using the steps in this article.

Note: This document applies to Mac OS X 10.0 through 10.3.9.

One way to change the language used by the Login Window is to reinstall Mac OS X and select the desired language in the Installer.

A less-drastic way to change the language used by the Login Window (without reinstalling) is this:

1. Enable the root user. To learn how to do this, see "About the root User and How to Enable It".

2. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.

3. For Mac OS X 10.2, 10.3 through 10.3.9, click Accounts.

For Mac OS X 10.1.5 or earlier, click Login.

4. For Mac OS X 10.2, 10.3 through 10.3.9, click Login Options.

For Mac OS X 10.1.5 or earlier, click the Login Window tab.

5. Next to "Display Login Window as," click to select the "Name and password" option if it isn't already selected.

6. Quit System Preferences.

7. Choose Log Out from the Apple menu.

8. Log in this way: In the Name field, type: root

9. Enter the password you used when enabling the root user, then click Log In.

10. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.

11. Click International.

12. Click the Language tab.

13. Drag your preferred language to the top of the Languages list.

Important: This will change the language used in the text fields in the login window, and will also change the keyboard layout in effect when the login window is present.

14. Choose Log Out from the Apple menu.

The Login Window should now use the language you have selected. Log in as the user account you normally use.

Important: You'll probably want to disable the root user after following these steps. See "About the root User and How to Enable It".

Tip: Use System Preferences change your "Display Login Window as" setting, if desired.

for sap :

Configuring the SAP Logon

Use

You can change the following settings in the SAP Logon:

Language

You can display the SAP Logon in the language that you select. To use this option, the SAP Logon language file must be installed by the system administrator.

Message Server Timeout: ____ secs

Specifies how long the SAP Logon waits for a response from the R/3 Message Server. The default value, ten seconds, is normally sufficient, even with slow wide-area network connections.

If you experience repeated timeout connection errors, increase this value. If the error persists, there is probably a network installation problem.

Confirmation of listbox entry delete

Check this box if you want to display a warning before you delete a system or logon group from the SAP Logon.

Disable editing functionality

Check this box if you want to prevent logon entries from being changed. If editing functionality is disabled, you cannot use the options Properties, Groups, Server, New and Delete in the SAP Logon.

Activate SAPgui trace level

Check this box if you want to define and activate a network trace (SAPGUI trace). For reasons of security and performance, you should only activate the trace options to diagnose the system.

When you choose this option, you can select the trace level that is used. If you select level 2 or 3, an additional log file is generated that records all incoming data in an encrypted binary code.

Additional data hexdump in trace

Check this box if you want to list additional memory areas in the SAPgui trace. This option is only available if you choose trace level 2 or 3, since these trace the data that must be checked against the hexdump when errors occur.

This option can result in both considerable losses in performance and very large trace files.

Additional command line arguments

You can enter any additional command lines arguments in this input field.

The additional information that appears here can help solve particular frontend problems. Only perform the network trace options if the SAP Hotlines requests you to. You should cancel the network trace options as quickly as possible and remove the trace files.

Procedure

Display the SAP Logon by choosing Start Õ SAP Frontend Õ SAPlogon.

Click on the SAP Logon icon in the top left-hand corner of the window and choose Options. You can then change the settings that are described above in the SAP Logon configuration dialog box.

Choose OK to return to the initial screen of the SAP Logon.

When you change the SAP Logon language, the system asks you to restart the SAP Logon that is affected by the new language setting. You should then close the SAP Logon and restart it.

thanks

sagar

reward me points if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Question is how can I change the system language when I am already logged on to the SAP System without logging of and than back on.

4 Ex if I am logged on in german in the transaction CO03 system displays Fertigungsauftrag anzeigen. I want to change the language to english without loggin off and back on and in the transaction CO03 the system should display Production order Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same question. (how can I change the system language when I am already logged on to the SAP System without logging of and than back on?)

Does someone can help me, please?

Thanks