Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several interactive forms in one PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I'm new in interactive forms.

I would like to know if it is possible to generate different forms in a loop(abap) and display all them

in only one PDF file?

Thanks you

Karim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

evandropramos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

actually, it's possible to merge Interactive Forms in one output PDF. You have to pass 'M' as getpdf on SFPOUTPUTPARAMS structure and fill parameter ASSEMBLE. At the end of the job, use function module FP_GET_PDF_TABLE to get the result.

You can check SAP example in program FP_CHECK_BATCH_PDF_RETURN. It's really simple.

Best regards,

Evandro Pizani Ramos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Evandro

I have check program FP_CHECK_BATCH_PDF_RETURN, but the logic of this program is only read several records, and display as ALV grid, then user can select each records and download one PDF file, it is still several different PDF files, not put several records into one PDF file.

And more, in my system, program FP_CHECK_BATCH_PDF_RETURN read no data in table SCUSTOM. After I add some data in debug mode, program call function FP_JOB_OPEN with error return, the exception is usage_error.

So with GETPDF is M and ASSEMBLE is X, function FP_JOB_OPEN will not work.

Do we have anothe related program of output data into single PDF file?

Thanks

Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it now.

The parameter ie_outputparams in funciton FP_JOB_OPEN must be set as: bumode = 'M', getpdf = 'M', assemble = 'X' or 'M', then follow code same as before, but no PDF return in each ADOBE form call.

After function FP_JOB_CLOSE, we need another function module FP_GET_PDF_TABLE to get the final PDF data, then convert it into binary data, save PDF file, got multiple print into one PDF file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Petr,

If what I want to do is not possible, do you have a suggestion for my problem?

Thanks in advance

Karim

Former Member
0 Kudos

If what you need is to combine/merge absolutely different forms in one PDF than I'm afraid there's no easy solution.

While I don't think it is real for one person to develop ABAP processor for PDF files, so external solution is what you have to look for.

First, try this /people/nagamohan.devisetty/blog/2008/05/05/merging-pdf-files-using-java-apis

Second, Google for "merge pdf". There are many programs for working with pdf files, but they are mainly with user interface.

Still there are some, realized as ActiveX, COM, .NET or other technology controls/libraries. Maybe you can use some of them and

access their function using SAP as OLE Automation Client.

Regards,

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to do it with smartforms I already did it one time.

I don't think that now with interactive form it's not possible.

Karim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smart Forms and Adobe Interactive Forms use absolutely different approach to PDF generation

(in smart forms it is just a conversion of OTF output(s) to PDF, while in Adobe it is merge of data inside PDF template and generating complete PDF file)

so your comparison is not correct. You have to understand it right - in Adobe solution server generates complete PDF-file

and it is not plain text where you can take several files and combine them just by inserting all the contents of several files in one.

PDF format (as any other complex format) includes many technical information and can't be just combined by copy-paste.

So Adobe Acrobat Professional has special features for combining several PDFs in one or splitting one PDF into several.

Still, I think it is technically possible, but you need some special tool or library to do that.

Not sure if above is available in SAP standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

I dont think we have any such functionalities for creating multiple Interactive forms in single pdf. We can have multiple pages & sections generated dynamically in an Interactive form, but havent come across any such functionality as you want.

Regards,

Arafat