cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Map Step Label Changes Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working for ESS business package. I have changes FPM application to read Edit as "Display" for Road map step. I have tested it and transported it to test system.

The changes were working fine till yesterday; today when i tries to test the application the road map step is reverted back to read as Edit not Display. I do not find any one changed the FPM application.

what would be the reason.

my observations are like; I had some changes in some component and deployed it and have transported NWDI transports to Test system. i suspect this transports have changed the FPM application.

Please suggest me on this issue,.

Points will be awarded..

Thanks

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

the short answer

You modified the FPM application from within the portal, using the Self-Service Administrator portal role, right? The point is that this content is also contained in the SAP_ESS SC in NWDI. It's contained in all those cfg DCs you see. They basically contain a (zip)archive that contains other (zip)archives that contain different XML files that eventually describe the FPM application. So what happened is that you modified the FPM application at runtime, but your changes were overwritten when the cfg DC was deployed afterwards.

the details... and the questions...

Concerning those cfg DCs. They're a very specific type of DC. The type is "Enterprise Portal" and the subtype is "Portal Content". In NWDS, this is described in the following XML file: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider_2.0.0\componentTypes.xml When I was using NWDS 7.0 SP12, this particular type of DC was not visible (if I remember it correctly), i.e. I could not create a new DC of this type. NWDS SP12 also didn't contain the necessary plugin, com.sap.portal.pcd.ide.eclipse.nwdi.ui.NewPortalContentWizard, as described in the same XML file (or at least I couldn't find it). Since I installed NWDS SP14, the plugin is present and I can create this type of DC myself. But that doesn't help me that much, since the wizard just creates some empty DC and I don't have a clue how to populate it with the content of the FPM application. Unfortunately I also don't have a clue about how to modify the existing cfg DCs in SAP_ESS.

BTW, the change you made, a small textual change, is relatively easy to do: unzip the archive(s) in the cfg DC, modify the text in one of the XML files (for some reason the translation of the roadmap steps are present 4 times, if my memory doesn't fail on me) and zip everything again. This works fine for me.

the $1 million question...

Obviously, what I really like to know: how to modify the FPM applications on the portal using the Self-Service Administrator role (that's easy) and export it to a suitable archive that can be imported in the (SAP_ESS) cfg DCs? As long as this is not possible, meaning I don't have a clue how to do it, I'm forced to deploy the modified FPM applications, which I exported as an epa file, after each NWDI transport. And this is not very practical...

I hope my (probably a bit too complex) explanation makes any sense.

If someone else knows more about this subject or how to deal with it, please let us know. tnx!

Kind regards,

/Sigiswald

Edited by: Sigiswald MADOU on May 23, 2008 2:30 AM

I posted the same question in the NWDI forum: