cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created workflow components in workflow. When I click on any of the component, i am not getting anyoptions for the components.

Any customisations to be made.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

I also faced same problem. U need to apply the foll OSS notes

Can you try to reduce security setting in Visio per Note 1012747 (MDM 5.5 Workflow pane is not visible after launching) to see if it helps:

1) Open Visio and go to the Tools > Macros > Security.

The 'Security Level' tab should be set to 'Low' and in the 'Trusted Publishers' tab the 'Trust access to Visual Basic Project' should be checked.

2) In Visio, click Tools->Options.

In the Options dialog, click Security tab.

In the Security tab, check the Enable Automation Events button.

Once this has been done you will need to close the Visio and then launch it again via the Data Manager.This should work.

Award points if it helped.

regards-

Ravi Kumar

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Version Mismatch can definitely be 1 reason of the problem that you are facing.

Additionally, I think, when you open a Visio, options come for enabling and disabling the Macro.

Kindly click on " Enable Macros", when you open the Visio. Then you will find the Properties details for stencils that you have added in your workflow. ( Which I think,is not coming now for you). This worked for me.

Kindly try it out.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pramod,

U have to configure the Microsoft Visio for this .

Steps u can find in MDM data manager reference guide as

1. Select the "Workflow" table as current table.

2. Select any workflow record,double click on workflow property to open microsoft Visio.

3.Choose tools.Options from Visio main menu to open option dialog

4. select "Advanced tab".

5. Choose "File paths" to open file path dialog

6.In that set both "Add-ons" and "Start-up" to the folder where MDM VSl is installed.

7.Click ok to close dile paths and then select the security tab and check the Enable automation checkbox.and then click ok to close the box.

8. Close Visio and then reopen it.

If still it is not working please check the version of workflow and the MDM gui installed.

Thanks and Regards

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

No customization is required. Its just due to Version Mismatch.

Check the MDM Server version and MDMWorkflowInstall_Ver

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

The problem is with the Patch.Please Check whether all your Rich Clients and the Workflow .exe file are in Sync.

Say if your Console Patch is MDM 5.5 SP06 (5.5.62.33) , then Import Manger,Data Manager,Syndicator and Workflow

should be the same.

Thanks,

Felix

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think so any custamizations is required, once you restart your vizio and/or your system, the problem might be resolved.

Once you try by dragging and dropping any one of the components and select them in the pane then you will find there revelant fields in the bottom pane. If the issue is still unresolved then let me now.

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check installed workflow.exe and data manager are of same version and you are using compatible microsoft visio.

BR,

Alok