cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Idocs from different systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have done a scenario for CREMDM and DEBMDM where i had to get Idocs from R/3 system and send them to MDM using XI.

Now, i have to do a scenario where i have to take Idocs from two different systems and send them to a single MDM system. What changes do I need to make apart from those in SLD if the fields in the latter case are same as those in the former?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

1. Configure two Idoc-to-File Scenarions in XI.

2. Configure the corresponding ALE setting on R/3 server.

3. Get your file on to the Ready folder (Which I believe is configured as FTP ) of MDM..

Can u explain ...why u need to merge the Customer and Vendor Master Data....???

Regards,

Ashwin M

Edited by: Ashwin M on May 5, 2008 12:35 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this may help you

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/24/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-1

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/27/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-2

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I guess you can't merge two types of IDOC in single scenario. For your requirement, as the IDOCs are coming from different R/3 systems, it is better go ahead with different scenarios.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, i am unable to get what do u want.

Any how,based on my understanding i will provide some inputs.

1. please make sure the proper filed as correlation,

based on corelation only we can able to bundle the idoc's

(when we use the BPM).

check the following scenario to bundle the idoc's.(not exact to u r requiremnet), but smilarity is there.

i,e SAP Basis component ->http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns->BpmPatternCollectTime ( integration scenario)....

regards

mahesh.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by Varun if your requirement is to collect IDOCs from different R/3 systems you have to change your scenario.

Possibly BPM comes into picture if you want to club the messages and send it to MDM system.

Thanks,

Gujjet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have content in your Integration Repository you can reuse it.

You only have to configure a new scenario in the Integration Directory for the new system.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

No changes required if both the IDocs are going separately, but if your requirement is to merge their data then you might have to redesign your scenario.

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

Yes the Idocs have to be merged.

So i need to do the whole scenario again?

Shweta.