cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping in Syndicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to syndicate my source data to 3 remote systems.

Could you please help me to how to value map for a field to 3 remote systems. like for the same field Phone if remote system ABC then it should P123 if remote system BCD then it should be H456 if remote system CDE then it should be K789.

Could you please help in this regard.

Thanks you in advance.

Kiran.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As per your requirement

like for the same field Phone if remote system ABC then it should P123 if remote system BCD then it should be H456 if remote system CDE then it should be K789.

- What ever value you store in the field Phone in MDM only that values will go to the remote system.So if your MDM data manger has P123 series under the phone field only this value can go to all three remote systems.

- The purpose of the feature of multiple syndication to multiple remote sytems is in the case of consolidation of master records in case of duplicates.

- When you merge records coming from 3 diff remote sytems into one record after identifying them as duplicate records

ie for eg 1 rec is having phone P123 and the other is having A123 both are coming from 2 separate remote sytem as diff rec but in MDM they are identified as duplicate rec then we assign one of the phone number as global phone and this global info is syndicated to both teh systems.

- For this in MDM syndicator you need to map two fields Remote key and value from source to destination

- By doing this mapping the Remote system field will have the remote system name and the value will have the local phone number.

What you want can be achieved using Assignment.

maintain a field in MDM storing the remote system name and based on that name assign the phone key.

Hope it helps

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Here My scenario I created one record in MDM datamanager.

I want to syndicate to 3 remote systems. Based on the remotesystem, I need to map deffirent value to the specifica field.

I hope you can understand my case.

Thanks in Advacne.

Kiran.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

Based on the remotesystem, I need to map deffirent value to the specifica field.

- I do not think this is posssible in MDM.Based on what value you have saved under that field in MDM the same value will be syndicated out to the remote system.

So if the value is ABC it will go out as ABC only even if you syndicate it to three remotesytems.

To sundicate it to three remote systems just select the three remote systems you have created in MDM syndiactor under the map properties->output remote systems.

A work around for your req could be using Assignments as mentioned in my earlier post.

Hope it helps

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

you can assign a different remote key for each system. You must change in the table properties "Key Mapping" to "Yes".

In the Data Manager you can assign a different remote key for each value of a field with right click - edit key mapping.

In your particular case, I presume the phone numbers are stored in a qualified flat table, with the non-qualifier "Land".You can only assign each land (the non-qualifier) different remote keys, but not each phone number. So...it won't work so easily.

You could try considering changing your data model...

Best regards,

Mircea

Edited by: Mircea Precup on May 5, 2008 3:39 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

For an Export Map, In the Map properties of the syndicator, tick the foll options:

1. Output Remote system : Choose the remote system you want to syndicate the Data.

2. Suppress records without key: This will suppress all the records which do not belong to that Remote system.

Hence you will get details which are pertaining to that particular remote system.

*Please reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain