cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not launch ObjectEditor in MSIE - Internal Server Error 500

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi there,</b>

I have developed a xApp with the help of the tutorial "My first xApp" and I failed accessing the UI pattnern of the ObjectEditor

using the MSIE. The error page says "500 Internal Server Error".

Strangely enough, it was possible launching the ObjectEditor in the Firefox Browser, however Firefox hides certain buttons,

which makes impossible to configure the UI pattern.

Can anyone tell me, what the following error message means, that was displayed in the MSIE? How can solve the problem?

-

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown format type at 

at java.text.MessageFormat.makeFormat(MessageFormat.java:1426)
    at java.text.MessageFormat.applyPattern(MessageFormat.java:447)
    at java.text.MessageFormat.<init>(MessageFormat.java:347)
    at com.sap.caf.ui.ptn.common.components.configtoolbar.views.ConfigurationEditorToolbarCV.wdDoInit(ConfigurationEditorToolbarCV.java:110)
    at com.sap.caf.ui.ptn.common.components.configtoolbar.views.wdp.InternalConfigurationEditorToolbarCV.wdDoInit(InternalConfigurationEditorToolbarCV.java:176)
    ... 40 more

-

Thx!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

This is really strange.

As far as error related somehow to I18N, could you try to invoke application with url parameter sap-language?

Add something like sap-language=en or sap-language=de

VS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Marco,

are you sure, that no element formats are used within the message placeholders? Read

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f5/3eec9d7bb8db488754caa775ce1a20/frameset.htm

for finding more details on this Web Dynpro specific restriction.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bertram,

I had not created or edited any messages, and after the first Build there did not exist any WebDynpro Component in the project tree, thus, there is no Message Pool as described on the help page that you recommended. What messages do you mean?

It is really strange that I can invoke the ObjectEditor through

...webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/caf~UI~ptn~objecteditor/ObjectEditor

(blank page with one button showing "Close"), but not the ObjectEditorConfig nor the ObjectBrowserConfig.

Regards, Marco