cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Operator malfunctioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

During VC development, I need to pass the output from 2 queries through 6 filters and then combine the output into 1 form for display. The issue arises when I try to combine 6 fields together (via the combine operator in VC); the last combine keeps picking up only 4 fields.

Please help. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Adeel Hashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the GML file.

[http://www.geocities.com/fishal123/SAP.zip]

Thanks for your time!

Adeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The default of the combine operator is 2 ports, but you can add as many ports as you like.

You need to click right mouse button on the operator and choose Add Port.

In that way you can send all the filters outport to one combine.

Please try to do this and see if the problem still occurs.

Regards,

Luba.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luba and Govindu. Problem solved in style.

Adeel Hashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Referring to the attached screenshot, 'combine7' should show 6 'CreationDate' fields; but it shows only 4. Is this a limitation in the system? Any workarounds?

[Nested Combines in VC|http://www.geocities.com/fishal123/combine.JPG]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u send ur GML file of ur model and i will check it and let u know why its happening.

govindunagotla at gmail.com

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I checked in ur model .according to the functionality fo Combine it should display only four fields ntot 6 Fileds.

creation_date,

creation_date_2,

creation_date_2_2

+ creation_date

creation_date_2

creation_date, creation_date_2_2

creation_date_2, creation_date_2_2_2

creation_date_2_2

this is correct bhehaviour only

and as Luba Told you can achive the above model simply by adding the ports to the Combine opeartor

Just right click on it and select add port.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can combine all fields through Cobmine operator,here u will get duplicates also.

but combine operator has 2 input ports right so all ur fields should distrubuted in 2 input ports make sure this is happend.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input.

As the Combine operator has only two inputs and I need to combine the output from 6 filters, I have used nested combine operators. That is, first merge output from the first two filters and then keep on using more combines till the output is down to 1. Yes, duplicate fields with the postfix '_2' are made with each combine and thats fine. But somehow when I try to combine two outputs having 3 duplicate fields each, the combine operator only brings forward 4 duplicate fields instead of 6.

The objective of this exercise is to display six text boxes on a form, with each box having different filtered results from the same data cube. Someone suggested I make more queries, but the cube behind them is the same, so the duplicate fields will still be there.

Best Regards,

Adeel Hashmi