cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering project from development to staging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have developed one software component in one track. Now, i want to move this develeopment to from development server to test server and then to production server.

For this, what all care i have to take in order to move whole development properly.

This development includes some java tables, EJBs and webdynpro applications.

What should be order of transfering to test and production system considering all dependencies?

Regards,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Just make sure you transport all the dependent objects in the transport list. Put all the related activities under one list when you are releasing them.

I feel CMS will take care of the rest.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I have to prepare task list for that. If this work would be done by me then no problem. But, i have to tell someone from basis team.

Thats why i am asking for any dependencies or any special order in which we need to deploy/ transport all objects.

I want to confirm this thing with JDI expert guys. So, i asure that it will go smoothly.

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are basically 2 steps:

- Release the activities for transport

- Import the transport request(s) into the different stages of your track.

Who is going to release the activities for transport?

If all these activities are related to each other, it's best to release them together in one transport, then your Basis team has only one transport to perform. That shouldn't be too hard for them :-). You can select multiple activities in the Transport View, then right-click and select Release.

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

The release fo activities will be done by you as a developer and not by the member of basis team. I mean it should be done by you as you have done all the developments.

If on the other hand basis team is going to do the same then you should declare a weak dependency to all the resources used in your application. This atleast will ensure that your deployment goes thru.

But i will again insist that you release the activities as a developer.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion the release of activities for transport should actually be done by a release manager: Someone who has the overall perspective and is aware of the components that belong together. I think this could be one of the QA "officers" within the development team; somebody who makes sure that the code not only works as requested, but who also makes sure that it adheres to all defined coding guidelines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have released nine activities for Java dictionary tables dc seperately.

Then i have clubed rest of the Java dictionary dc activities into single request and then released.

In consolidation tab of CMS of transport studio, I selected all these release activities and imported into assembly tab. But, it failed showing that Assembly failed.

I went to the log and it was saying that DC is broken.

it means Dc cannot build by CBS properly.

What should be the reason behind this?

Application is working perfectly on Development environment.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavik ,

Did you get this resolved finally ? I think I might have a smililar issue !!

The development buildspace has 0 broken DCs while the consolidation buildspace has some . I am not sure why this is the case but my assembly is also failing due to the same issue .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik/Singh/Apparao,

I guess this problem arise when there is inconsitency in DEV and CONS system, means check(patch level,version) all the SCA files related to your development in DEV. After checking in DEV open the CONS system and check. If both the systems are not in sync then Broken DCs comes to picture.

You can check the entire system information in NW system info link.

One more may cause Broken DCs is while importing from DEV to CONS system first import the dependencies that are reuired to build your SCA file. After importing those files then Source SCA files needs to be imported.

Regards,

Anil.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i do have the same problem, did you get any answer for this, please help me out,

Cheers,

Apparao