cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Key figures and Macro updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to ensure that a change in the data view design by adding additional key figures and changing the positions of the key figures/macros DOES NOT result in changes in Macros already present. This seems a little ridiculuous when i compare this to spreahseet functions, where only fixed references in the cells are impacted by changes in rows and columns, adding columns and deleting rows etc, else the formulas/macros in excel adjust automatically. The Macros in my planning are adjusted and deactivated after inserting some more key figures and shuffling some up and down to organize the book for some new functionalities. Is there a report/technique to reset the macros so that they work as intended with proper references as defined.

Regards,

AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

None that I have come across. Would love to have this functionality though.

Maybe someone else has come across such a magic report but chances are very remote.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Learnt that changing the order of key figures and adding new key figures to a dataview changes the macros and deactivates them, though it does not sound appealing as one would expect the macros to "adjust" accordingly. you need to go to the macro workbench and activate them again. else there would be a error message like discrepency between selection and key figures to be read. Primarily DB alerts, conditonal formats and fixed reference macros etc. would be effected by change in the order of key figures in the dataviews + there is additional issue of change in time buckets used that would obviously chnage the results sometime incorrectly, so SAP would have thought it wise to deactivate them all in such case so that users could go back and recheck the status and validate if behaving correctly and if so activate.

Regards,

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As Somnath says this is unfortunately the "normal" behaviour of the system. The macro workbench basically allocates a number to each key figure internally, so if new key figures are introduced, or even if you change the order of key figures in the data view, then this can affect the macro functionality.

As long as the new key figure is introduced and placed at the end of the list in the data view then this will not normally affect the macro, it just needs re-activating.

I find it frustrating when I have to re-order key figures in a data view then I have to check all macros are still working correctly and that the key figures used in the macro are the correct ones but unfortunately SAP will just say "as designed"!!

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

True Ian very frustrating. Not expected this way from SAP at the least. This is the bare minimum of functionalities to expect and SAP should work on this seriously. Being an Excel Planner to begin with I immediately relate somethings can be done in excel in a far more elegant ans faster way. ultimately its these dataviews that planners work on tand they have every right and reason to change key figures and macros at will for better intution and deicison making. present hard coded design defeats this purpose.

Regards,

AS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amatuer,

As far as I know, if you built the macro calculations using BADIs you can retain the key figure values and its calculations though you changed the positions and adding the new key figures. But the technical name of the key figure should not be changed.

I built a macro using the BADI for a complex calculation, it works fine even after adding new key figures to that planning book.

Regards,

Srini