Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank project type need to be eliminated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In cProjects 4.0,

While selecting Project Type in the dropdown there is a blank apart from the configured project types, I have a requirement to eliminate that blank, is it possible ?

Request your help on the same.

Regards,

Sujay G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

Actually it is not related to the customizing in normal case, (sure you can have this constellation), the fact is, that the program internally create such 'dummy' entry and use it as default.

O.K, you do not want this 'dummy' entry. The question is, which one should then be used? The most simple way might use the the user-setting of the cProject, tab 'default values', which each user can set his default type like project type or Phase type etc. An alternative is to use the Badi 'DPR_ATTRIBUTES' method to implement you own logic.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

The Blank option is certainly not comming from Customization, we have created an Authorization object which will allow users to select only one Project type in the dropdown. Even after this the user will get a Blank value in the dropdown.

We are also looking at implementing the BADi for defaulting project type when the user doesn't select any Project type.

Can you pls tell me if I can disable the dummy project type in the program if its enhancable.

Regards,

Sujay G

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

As far as I know, the insert of such 'dummy' entry is hard coded, and can not be removed from the Dropdown list. If you would like to prevent the user select such 'dummy' entry, you can implement such check in the method 'VERIFY_ATTRIBUTES' .

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

What Vivek said is correct.

Goto SPRO>cProjects>Basic setting> Project types>

There would be an entry without any description.

If this project type is not used then you can delete this entry else make changes in Description of the same.

Niranjan

Let me know if It helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

We'd suggest you to look into SPRO and find out what settings have been configured against this particular project type.

Also have a look in the table DPR_PROJECT. If there are no projects with this particular Project Type, you can delete it.

Else, change the text of this project type to "Do not Use" or something like that so that it can be avoided by the end users.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey