cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am doing free goods determination but it is not coming at the order level. I have maintained the condition records in VBN1 for free goods which is as follows:

Sales Org :1800

Distribution Channel:00

Customer :10018358

Valid from :05/05/2008

Material : 10089217

Min Qty : 10

For : 2

Unit FG : KG

Add FG : 1

AddQty Unit : KG

Calc Rule : 1

Free Goods : 2

Free Goods Type : Exclusive

AddMatFRGd : 10089217

FG DelCond : Blank ( Delivery takes place regardless of main item).

If I takes the value for "for" column as 1, it gives me an error : "The additional quantity is greater than or equals 1". Therefore I chose it as 2.

Now when I am creating an order and the material qty is 30, the actual qty should be more than what I as I am taking eclusive free goods, which is not happening.

Am I right on this point or the mater data which I have maintained is correct or some changes needs to be done. Is there something which is missing at my part.

Please suggest what needs to be done.

1 more thing, is there any way by which I can attach the screen shot within the thread on SDN.

Thanks in advance

Naveen Rajora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your expectation is for 30 ordered the total ie ordered + free > than ordered. so for 2 you are trying to give 1 means for 30 the free qty is 15. You did nt mention what exaclty is happening....just check you have a free goods condition type R100 with 55(reqt) and 28(alt cond base value) and free goods item cat TANN maintained. finally your calculation rule in the free goods condition record at VK13 for NA00. It shoud trigger free goods.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for the reply.

I am a bit confused here. When I go into the basic functions > Free goods. There is only one condn type; NA00. How come condtn type R100 and req 55 comes into free goods. How they are linked. This is the first time I am working on free goods scenario. The item cat of my material is TAN., do I need to change it to TANN. If so and I am working on exclusive free goods(buy 2 get 1 free; ie total 3), then how would the system takes the price of only 2 material and 1 as a free goods. Is there something in the master data setup which I need to change. It would be a great help if you could assist me in working on this free goods scenario.

Thanks

Naveen

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi naveen

R100 is the condition type which has the reqt 55 and alt calc type 28.

This R100 condition type is assigned to the pricing procedure

Now In VOV7 TANN details in the pricing field it will be blank change it to B which is 100% discount

Because if R100 has to come in the sales order then TANN , pricing field should be B which is 100% discount

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I have confused myself in free goods. Could somebody please help me out. I need to know the steps invloved in free goods determination from the very basic step to the outcome as a free good for a material. I know the things which should be done in config but I need to know what should be the order of performing those activities for free goods.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Naveen

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

just find the previour threads in this forum?

will you check with your pricing procedure?

Sd pricing procedure - Depending on type of freegood ( exclusive or inclusive) condition types R100/NRAB has to maintain with rel req & altctypes.

& Free goods procedure

"free goods in itself means that ...........giving goods for free of charge and this concept in SAP is all about capturing it in SAP.

ok and about the requiremnt 55 says ...

this is a requirment assinged to cond type R100 in reqt feild ( standard )

what exactly this says is as u knw the deffi of reqt in order to execute or activate this cond type in your priing proc u need to fullfill the reuirment ...

and this feild 55 goes and checks the item cat of the item ( TANN ) for fiels pricing and for TANN i.e free goods item pricing field in tem category vov7 would be B....

then if it B then activate this condtype ..............i.e R100 is activated and wht your R100 does is it gives 100% discount on the netvalue of item TANN,"