cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Value Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam doing a scenario which deals with value mapping,and there are duplicate values in destination for different sources.I have created a Group for all repeating values in destination,and i have used that name to map for different sources.But my scenario is not working as desired.What do i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi

Create a value map with one source and target e.g. Neysa - CEO.Give a group name.e.g. Position

Save the values,then re select the group.

It will show the newly created source schema and agency, target schema and agency.

Now, copy the source schema and agency.It will ask allow duplicates.Choose yes.

Enter the new source value for the same/repeated target value CEO.

It will allow to create a duplicate.

Regards,

Indu Khurana.

0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

You can try the following :

1) In IR:-

Source -> Agency: Temp1 Scheme : Temp2

Target -> Agency: Temp3 Scheme : Temp4

2) In ID :- Maintain the Value Mapping Table

Jim -> Manager

Bob -> Employee

3) Create another Agency&Scheme

Source -> Agency: Temp5 Scheme : Temp6

Target -> Agency: Temp7 Scheme : Temp8

4) In ID :- Store the duplicate values in the new Table

Sue -> Employee

5)Now during mapping use the appropriate Agency/Scheme.

Regards,

Ramya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Could you please elaborate on your suggestion of creating a different schema and agency and creating a different group name.Like for example:

Jim -> Manager

Bob -> Employee

Sue -> Employee

Tom -> Employee

Blu -> Employee

How do i do this using value mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I was thinking & suggested to create different Schema & Agency for duplicate values but in paractical it is not possible. Because if do so then for the same mapping you can not have two different Schema & Agency at a same time.

But as suggested by other experts may be you can have some kind of prefix/postfix value for duplicates, and when you do your mapping just write an small UDF to remove the prefix/postfix and then map it to target.

I hope it will give some idea to work upon it...

Regards,

Sarvesh

0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

One solution I could think of is If you are not having a number of repeated entries make different Value Mapping Tables in ID and refer to the appropriate ones in your mapping.

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this links & Blogs

Value Mapping:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/d3/4017d9b90afe4999dbf8792638b291/content.htm

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

Thanks,

Satya Kumar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Iam doing a scenario which deals with value mapping,and there are duplicate values in destination for different sources.I have created a Group for all repeating values in destination,and i have used that name to map for different sources.But my scenario is not working as desired.What do i do?

Hi,

1. Check if you have activated the new changes.

2. In Integration Directory do this, Environment ---> Clear SLD Data Cache.

3. Also regresh the cache by tcode: sxi_cache.

4. Check if you have used the correct "Schema" & "Agency" for your desired result in Mapping. This could be one of the reason that after creating new groups in ID you may have not changed the Schema & Agency in your mapping.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But my query is how to maintain the duplicate vaules in the vaule mapping table in ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you can not create the duplicate values in the same group by using same Schema & agencey therefor for duplicate values you need to select/create some different Schema & Agency as well as some different group name.

Once you are done with this, select the corresponding Schema & Agency in your message mapping.

I hope now it is clear..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may not be using value mapping for its intended purpose. It should be used to map between different ID schemes for the same entities, such as companies, persons etc. An ID for such an entity must always be unique, or it would be of no good use. And then you cannot have duplicate target values, because you would then get an ambiguity if you were to map in the other direction.

But sometimes you really need value mappings just in order to make something configurable rather than hard coded into a message mapping. This is when you run into this sort of problem. For example:

Jim -> Manager

Bob -> Employee

Sue -> Employee

The job title is NOT an ID, and certainly not unique. As you can see you cannot map backwards from "Employee" to a unique target value.

I think you might be better off using the mapping lookup API. If you don't want to go this way, you could of course do a hack, such as

Jim -> Manager_1

Bob -> Employee_1

Sue -> Employee_2

and then afterwards remove the underscore + suffix.

Regards

Jorgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

refer to the following link to create a value mapping.It has been tried and tested and working fine.Revert to us in case of any error.

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But my query is how to maintain the duplicate vaules in the vaule mapping table in ID?