cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Standard user ID Password change..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Would like to know whether changing the Oracle Standard users password will have any impact..

eg: user:System , pwd :Manager..

Will changing standard user password have any impact..

If there is n impact could you pls let me know the procedure to change the password..

We are woking on SAP 4.6c, Oracle 9i, HP -unix.

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no harm in changing the oracle standard users password. In fact it is recommended to change the password for securoty reasons.

But if you are changing the password keep in mind that if OPS$ mechanism is not set then your backup and archive log backup's will not run

Also change the password in brbackup and brarchive script in upper case.

Best Regards,

Reema Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Could you pls let me know the procedure to change the Standard User password in Oracle 8i..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me the know the procedure to change the password using brconnect so that the changes password gets updated in the SAPUSER Table as well as Oracle dictionary..

brconnect -f chpass -o sapr3 -p newpassword.

I would like to know the complete procedure to change the password using brconnect.

Iam currently using SAPDBA

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,,

Could you pls let me know whether we can chage the Oracle standard user password after implementation or not..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you can change the password as below:

brconnect -u system/<password> -f chpass -o <sapowner> -p

<password>

Please read note 562863

Best regards,

Warren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will not be any issues in changing the default passwords for SYS,SYSTEM..etc.Note that sap uses SAPR3/SAP<sid> user id to connect to the database.

Regards,

Sam