cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP XI MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on integrate ERP and MDM with XI.

If I want send IDoc MATMAS to XI, is there any xml schema for structure of the XML file(outbound message interface) for the receiver file system?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by: Shen Peng on May 5, 2008 11:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shen,

You have MATMAS in ERP that can be imported in XI using Imported objects in Integration Repository.

You are using Idoc Structure at source side in XI(In ERP->XI->MDM scenario).Now at reciever side you can either have the XML Schema of your MDM repository or can have the XML Schema of your IDOC itself if sender and reciver structures are same.You can also generate XML Schema of your IDOC .The XM Schema of IDOC can be downloaded using Transaction code We60.Now in XI IDOC will get converted into XML and at reciver side Usefile adapter (Transport protocol FTP )FTP willpick up the file and put it in to the ready folder of the Inbound port of MD from where MDM import server will pick up the file and will map it with the Repository structure and will send it to the Data Manager(First you need to create a Map between the XML thrown from XI and the Repository).

For integration U can follow these links.

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/27/mdm-xi-r3-integration

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2007/02/05/r3-xi-mdm-outbound-scenario

/people/kiran.dasari/blog/2008/04/12/mdm-mass-data-integration-with-r3-made-easy

Hope it will help you.

Reward if Helpfull.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on May 5, 2008 7:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the blogs. So for ERP to file scenarios, receiver interface can be same with outbound IDoc XML structure.

And I have to do mapping in MDM then?

I need to read more details about it.

Thank you very much.

The MDM business content may be helpful, isn't it?

Edited by: Shen Peng on May 5, 2008 2:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shen

you are right: MDM Bus content provides the std XML schemas for matmas05, maps(both import and syndication) which has to be used in integrating MDM with ERP systems.

steps :

INBOUND

requires settings in R/3,MDM,XI. Assuming that all settings are in place

Trigger IDoc from R/3 using MDM_CLNT_EXTR or BD10-->xml file with data placed in Ready folder -->Use Import manager or Import server for manual/automated import of data --->check in data manager if records have been added.

hope it helps

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shen,

When you are integrating ERP (SAP R/3 or ECC) with MDM,you extract the main table data in the form of idocs.these idocs are then picked by XI which convert them into XML which are in the receivable format for MDM.

When this data transfer takes place the master data needs to be in a specific format (Matmas05)for eg for material.

This Xl schema is needed even in MDM for mapping the ERP fields to the MD repository fields.

When importing this file from XI into MDM.In MDM import manger we give the anme of the XML schema structure based on this structure the source file is iported into MDM.

Hope it helped

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shen,

If i understood your question correctly.

you can IDOC to XI . Yes we need structure at the reciver . if have same structure at source and target then you can resuse the source strucutre in ur case it is IDOC otherwise we have to create target structure

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy