cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Installation error during DDIC password check phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i installed nw04s system with AS ABAPBI JAVAEP+EPC on Oracle 10g ....its IDES software btw...

everything went fine till 'Import ABAP' and even 'Running ABAP Reports' proces.... but while running the process 'Check DDIC Password', it popped a window with OK and Cancel saying that

test logon to SAP system SID failed .Make sure that the system is started that the user DDIC exists and the password of user DDCI is correct

I dont udnerstand why it would fail to logon to DDIC on client 000.... becoz i set the master password and SAPInst should remember the password in some encrypted form and use the same for logging .!!!!

anyways after this error, i started SAPMMC and logged into the system and tried DDIC in 000, 001 with master password and default password (19920706) as well with no luck... I have tried to reset the password of SAP* with sql command but when i execute the command its giving me error table or view doesnot exist. I have tried even with schema.tablename aswell no no luck. Please help, What should i do now ? any suggestions would be highly appreciated....

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you tried to see the content of sapr3.usr02 or sap<sid>.usr02?

Regards,

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I also had the same problem.

I did the following

1. Login to DDIC using password 19920706

2. then chnage the password of DDIC to the password which u set while isntallation

3. Then click on retry

As per my knowledge, if u r changing the password in the tables directly , the SPA has to be restarted

Hopefully it should work.

Edited by: Balaji R on May 5, 2008 1:23 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if a record exist for sap* in usr02 for client 001 you won't be able to log in as sap*/pass; so

1) delete the record

2) run /$tab to refresh the table buffers; usr02 is buffered and deleting at the db level won't invalidate sap's table buffer

3) log in as sap*/pass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have changed the default client to 000 in Default profile and given the master password it worked fine.

thnks guys

Ash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing Default client to 000 worked fine.Now I got an error message at Change Default Passwords.The log is :

---> Unable to open RFC Connection.

-

> Caught ERfcExcept in Modulecall: Name or Password is incorrect.

-

> The step changeDDICPassword with step key

Can u help me in this issue.Advanced Thanks.

Edited by: satya Sekhar on May 14, 2008 3:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Stop the Sapinst and restart the system and start the sap sytem through mmc, then start the sapinst again. should work.

Note :- your all clients sap* and DDIC password has to be default password (i.e., sap* =06071992 and ddic 19920706)then only it works otherwise error might occur.

Hope this helps

Ash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your quick reply.I am trying to change the DDIC password to 19920706.But it is not accepting.Can help me in this issue as it very urgent to complete.Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, as you know sap dont accept the last five passwords, so you need to change the password of the DDIC five times and sixth time it should be 19920706, you can do this by loging in as sap* and change it. Every time you change password of DDIC through sap* you have to login with DDIC and change the initial password.

hope this help

Ash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

After 5 attempts also it is not accepting 19920706.If we give any other password,it is taking.Can you help me in this issue.Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) try to login as sap* with the default password 06171992 also try the master password

2) Reset the DDIC password and unlock -- continue with install

or

1) shutdown the install -- sapinst process no longer running

2) add to the profile the following parm login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

3) check that no entry exist for sap* in usr02 for client 000,if it does either move it or delete it

4) restart sap

5) login as sap*/pass

6) reset ddic and unlock

7) restart sapinst.

😎 continue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Thanks for kind attention, i have added a parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 it worked for clients 000,800 only, but i have tried to give the password 19920706 in 001 client it says too many login failed too many attempts, and sap* aswell not taking PASS or 06071992.

Do i have to do a fresh installtion and try again, i am guessing i might have locked the sap* and DDIC users in 001 client.

please advice

Thanks

Ash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam.

Thnaks for the reply, I have tried with the Schema sapsr3.usr02 and with the sapSID.usr02 aswell but it says table or view doesn't exits. Any other options.

Balaji,

Thanks for the kind attention mate. I have tried to give the 19920706 but it says logon not possible too many failed attempts.

Any more suggetions please.

Thanks

Ash