Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find user exit for a specific function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have some question about user exit:

(1) how can I know which user exit can be used to implement my specific requirement ?

(2) I think user exit is active subroutine in the main program. so if I know the name of some user exit, how can I get the program code for it ? ( ie. how to get name of main program, name of include file ? )

thanks very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear bo zhang

Go to IMG screen and on the left side, there is a box which is nothing but IMG activity documentation. For example, if you want to see the explanations of user exits on sales document processing, go to SD --> System Modifications --> User Exits --> User Exits in Sales.

Once you go to this area, and click on the arrow button on the left side, list of user exits used in sales will be displayed. On the extreme left, there will be a box and if you click that the explanation of respective user exit will be displayed. The explanation itself is self explanatory and you can choose any of the user exits based on the explanations given therein.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to read topic on User exits in book 'Implementing SAP Sales and Distribution' by Glynn C. Williams.

This topic covers your question as to how to locate correct user exit.

Regarding program, you should know ABAP language to do this.

They are coded as per your requirements and there are no ready made solutions for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

thanks for your suggestion. I have read that book. but this question is not clear in that book . I'd like to repeat may question again:

(1) if I want to implement a tailored function by user exit, how can I know which userexit

should I use ?

(2.) I wonder if there is a document which shows which userexit corresponds which

program?

in fact, if I know the place where I can put my own abap subroutine in , everything will be done.

thanks very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to this link to find out user exits in each program and what exactly these user exits do

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/1c/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

If you want to see a sample user exit code, go to this link. If you are interested, this website has additional topics on SAP user exits and enhancements. It also covers additional ABAP topics.

http://sap.niraj.tripod.com/id62.html