cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packing material type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

where can I assign an existing "packing material type" ? ie . where to use packing material type" ?

thanks very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bo zhang,

What packing mat type u r asking is like Box or pallet, or bubble sheet etc.

here we define different kinds of packing materials

we allow those packing mat in pack mat grp.

We assign those group in MMR.

For procedure u can search thread. where u will get whole procedure for configuring the senarion.

I think this will help u.

Regards

nitin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VL02N.

From inside the initial delivery proceed with Edit, Pack.

You will be faced with a split-level screen with the lower portion of the

screen showing items relevant to be packed. You can then select the shipping units in the higher portion of the screen into which the material must be packed. You then pack the items from the lower portion of the screen into the shipping units in the higher portion of the screen.

The system uses the allowed weight and volume of the materials from the material master record.

I presume that you have done all customizing for packing.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi zhang

The material type we define in logistics execution is because packing is done in delivery .

VERP is the material type for the packing material and not LEIH as i have mentioned in my previous reply

you will be creating a packing material with material type VERP in MM01 and once it packing material is created . you will be assigning to the reqd material in the MMR -sales orgn1 tab - packing material

Now while doing delivery when you do packing you need to assign the handling units and the packing material also

For material X you have assigned a packing material Y .

Now you are delivering 5pcs of X material and when you do packing you will be doing handling units and then you need to assign the packing material (which is Y) and then mention the packing qty also . and then do PGI

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Srinath very much!

but my question is not done. I use packing material type to determine the delivery plant for shipping material. it is different from material , such as "VERP". so my question is: if I create a packing material type "V030", where should I assign this "V030" ?

thanks very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

for packing the material type should be VERP or LEIH?

vishal

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bo zhang

you need to create a packing material with a packing material type LEIH and assign that packing material to the material to which you want to pack

in MMR- sales orgn1-packing material

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

can somebody tell me the difference between LEIH AND VERP

VISHAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

this type is in "In the IMG: Logistics Execution ® Shipping ® Packing ® Define

packing material types", it is different from material type , such "verp" . I just want to know where to user this packing material type" .

thanks very much!