Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between two web dynpro development components

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created 3 Development Components.

First DC is fetching backend data (model)

Second DC is able to communicate with first DC.

Also from Second DC I am able to communicate to third DC using outbound plug (communication between 2 DC view to 3 DC view)

Can you suggest me how to retrieve data from 2 DC to 3 DC.

Situation:

If I submit a button in 2 DC then it will execute a BAPI and the result list should be populated in the 3 DC.

Please suggest how I should proceed ?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi:

you can creat attribute in DC2 and DC3,and mapping the attribute from DC2 and DC3.

when y submit a button in 2 DC,and setting the attribute value,then it will execute a BAPI and you can get the attuibute value.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Please refer this blog (Coimmunocation between the two web dynpro development component, if the components belong to the same application.)

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8748] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

if tyhe component belong to different Application please refer this blog.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8881] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Now I am able to retrieve data from 2 DC to 3 DC. Also from Second DC I am able to communicate to third DC (View) using outbound plug

New Situation:

Third DC consists of n number of views.

How I can navigate from 2 DC to 3 DC differents views on firing the outbound plug ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have different interface views (ie all views in different window) then you can use different intrerface views and set your navigation accordingly. But if all your views are within the same window then the navigation will take place for the default view only.

Regards,

Murtuza

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Situation:

Third DC consists of n number of views (in the single window)

How I can navigate from 2 DC to 3 DC differents views on firing the outbound plug ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it would be possible to different views in the same window.

Regards,

Murtuza

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to navigate from thr Dc2 View to thr Dc3 View then use the Interface View of the Dc3.

anf if u want to show Bothe Dc2 view and the dc3 View then create the Viewset accordingly and place the Inteface view in the viewset , so that u can navigate from the Dc2 View to the Dc3 View In the same Window.

Thanks and regards

Fazal

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for thereply. It solved my issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

1. Create a node or the attributes that you want to use in DC3 in your DC2's controller. Map this context from your copmponent controller to interface controller of DC2.

2. Create a public part for your DC2 webdynpro component.

3. Add DC2's public part as Used DC in your DC3.

4. Click on used WD Components in DC3 and select the interface controller of DC2.

5. Open the data modeler in DC3 and now you can map the context from interface controller of Dc2 to DC3.

Regards,

Murtuza

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Anmol,

It is poosible to retrive data from one DC to other..but it depends upon how many parameters you need to transfer.

As you can mention any no. of parameters in outbound and inbound plug.

But in you case you want to populate result list from bapi.

If you can show result list by passing a min no of parameters then its ok.

If result list contains much no. of parameters then. i would suggest that. execute BAPI in 3rd DC also