cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tranfer IM locaiton to WM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

Now we have some IM locaiton, which we hope to transfer them to WM location. For this action, which we need to do? Any configure in background or only some work in front?

THanks

ALice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alice

I think that you have had the answer to your question. I am trying to get people to keep the forum tidy. If you have what you require could you award you points if you want to and mark your question as answered.

This helps everybody as there are at the moment 48 pages of open questions and if people do not close them the forum will grow and then people like me will not go through all of the pages as it takes too long and some people will not get answers to their questions.

Thank you

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Really thanks. Yes, We already have WM module. Now we have created one new locaiton. So does it only need configure in background to assign the loccation to warehouse number? Or any others config or setup in front?

Thanks

ALice

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using existing warehouse number in SAP ( say XXXX), then you just need to assign the new storage location to warehouse XXXX. Then depending upon your requirement storage type, section, bins needs to be created. I think it is clear to you.

Regards

Malli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Is there any advice for it? Now we have WM module and we have one new location we just setup it.

Does it only need assign this new locaiton with the warehouse number in background? Or any others ?

Any we need setup in front? Like bin?

Thanks

ALice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alice ,

I am not really clear about your question.

If you have any new storage location,you can assign it to the existing WM location if you have these locations at the same place.

You can mantain Quality,returns or any other processes in Ware house.You can assign multiple storage locations to one single warehouse if these location in one place.

There some configuration settings to do in the back ground.

Hope this helps your need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba

Really thanks for your help. Now we have setup three new location which will be our Quality , return .... material location . User required these new location need be managed by WM. We already use WM for some location now .

So we hope to if we have new location which need manage by WM, How or which step we need do ?

Any IMG configure or only some steps in front?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba

THanks a lot for help. In this linkage, it talk about how to move mateirals from IM to WM.

Currently, we first care for some location, we need use WM to control it now . So any configure or other works we need do ? eg: create bin for this locaiton? create wm view for related matierals ..... or any background configure?

Thanks

ALice

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Sorry, your question it's not clear to me.

You have a Sloc in IM and you created a warehouse (WM) and now you want to have the goods in WM?

In this case you should create a new Sloc (that is empty) and assign this to the warehouse. The goods can be transfered via MB1B+311 from the old Sloc to the new one. Of course WM view is necessary to be able to receive the goods into the warehouse.

If MB1B booking is done you have to move the goods from the interim storage type to the desired storage bins (manually). To the storage bins where your goods are physically.

If you use bar code labels, you have to print them and put them on the goods.

I assume you have defined already the structure of your WH (storage types, storage bins, movement types, etc).

If your WH is configured you only have to do the above mentioned steps.

You can find WM configuration guide in the first thread of the MM forum (first thread, first post - Mohammad Arif). Please check it:

Please specify your question (in which phase you are), if I can help I will help you (or you can get help from other forum members as well).

Please give feedback.

Csaba

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Please check this thread:

BR

Csaba