cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding user exits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all Gurus,

I am Manoj kumar fan of this community.This is my first post.

I faced reliance info interview recently.

Question 1

they asked about user exits. i prepared some exits from community, but when they asked about business process.i failed to explain in detail.

I told user exits about "number ranges"

use: According to client requirements we can maintain user exits for number ranges of sales document types"

They are asking questions like"Why client needs specific number ranges?"

what advantage he gets if specific number ranges assigned?

Question 2

Do we have ID and password for ASAP?

Enlighten me on this topics.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj

Welcome to the forum.

Assume you have some 15 to 20 plants in India and imagine if you have unique number range for all plants. Definitely you will get confused at one point of time. So in order to differentiate plant wise, almost all clients would like to have different number ranges based on plant and especially they are very particular on billing documents number ranges. To provide this facility, we apply user exit.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manoj

First of all welcome to the Forum.

client requirement will be different from each number range

Client may need different number range to differentiate the numbers.

At sales order level client might be requiring different a number range

At invoice level client might be requiring alphanumeric 12 digit number then you need to integrate with the ABAP'er

So differentiate from plant number range , invoice number range client requires different number ranges

As far as access no and id for ASAP is concerned i am not sure.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Imagine your client have 5 company codes in different conutries. He wanted to have the invoice number rages based on the company code. For example:

India company code is :20, th invoice number ranges should start from 620XXXXXX,

China company code is 21, the invoice number rangesshoud start from 621XXXXXX.

I am not ure about your ASAP question, if you are asking about OSS notes, yes we need to have USERID and Password to acces it.

Hope you are clear.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response,

u r answer is satisfactory. If possible can u plz send some scenarios for user exits.

I am sending scenario and solution, which i prepared for interview. I want u r advice weather it is correct or not.

Scenario: I am Implementing SAP for OIL and GAS Industry.

My client has BOM(Header level) and items are chemicals which is used to prepare header item. that header level material has alternative BOM.Client want different price for alternative BOM. is it can solved by "fields in new pricing?" I found field name "vtlal" is alternative BOM.can it include in KOMP or KOMG for determination of new price for alternative BOM.

Thanks in advance