cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc -> XML without mapping ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

For a demo to my client, he wants me to send an Idoc MATMAS from a R/3 or ECC to PI 7.0 in order to have it finally in an XML file format.

It doesn't request any kind of mapping and i would like to know if it's possible to make a scenario without Message Mapping or Interface Mapping.

In that case, i just have to import my Idoc, create a message Interface IN and OUT ?

I've never make a XI scenario without any mapping and even if it seems easy, i am curious to know what it changes ?

Thanks by adavance,

JP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jean,

it is possible!

Check out this link

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

and also the following forum discussion, it would solve your problem

Regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great !! Thanks !!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jean-Pierre,

If you don't mind about target structure (in your case, it would be XMLed IDOC), you do not need to design mapping, a simple interface mapping (without associated mapping program) from IDOC to IDOC (it has to be same to be mapping free), ie asynchronous, would be sufficient ...

I can't remember whether intf mapping is mandatory (though creating a 1:1 with same input/output is pretty easy and fast) !

You then need to implement the necessary directory objects to put everything in place (receiver adapter etc)

Hope this helps

Chris