cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading catalog object. on Database Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i open a table definition on Database Studio, and then selects the Miscellaneous tab or Optimizer Statistics tab, on Console tab i get the message "Error loading catalog object.", all other tabs works very well.

MaxDB version is:

Kernel 7.6.03 Build 007-123-157-515

X64/LIX86 7.6.03 Build 007-123-157-515

how i can check because i get this message?

KR

Clóvis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clovis,

do you get the error for every table or just for some of them?

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you post the error message from the Window-> Show View -> "Event Log Viewer".

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i get this error for all tables.

i saved the event log viewer and get the follow info about the error:

Database Studio
Version           : 1.0
Eclipse Version   : 3.2.0
-------------------------------------------------------------
[D:2008-05-05 09:27:02.046][ERROR  ][T:10][G:1][S:none][M:none][C:SQL Studio Plugin] Error loading catalog object. [P:com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.sqlstudio][L:com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.sqlstudio.editor.tabledefeditor.TableDefFormEditor$1.run(TableDefFormEditor.java:471)]
com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4004] (at 76): Unknown table name:SYSUPDSTATLOG
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.createException(ReplyPacket.java:64)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.throwSQLError(ConnectionSapDB.java:969)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:607)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.sendCommand(CallableStatementSapDB.java:1786)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.StatementSapDB.sendSQL(StatementSapDB.java:911)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.doParse(CallableStatementSapDB.java:232)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.constructor(CallableStatementSapDB.java:185)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.<init>(CallableStatementSapDB.java:79)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.prepareStatement(ConnectionSapDB.java:856)
	at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.trace.Connection.prepareStatement(Connection.java:276)
	at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.sqlstudio.dbutil.JdbcExtended.getOptimizerStatisticTime(JdbcExtended.java:138)
	at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.sqlstudio.dbutil.MaxDBTable.populateRuntimeCharacteristic(MaxDBTable.java:1368)
	at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.sqlstudio.dbutil.MaxDBTable.populateTablePartial(MaxDBTable.java:919)
	at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.sqlstudio.editor.tabledefeditor.TableDefFormEditor$1.run(TableDefFormEditor.java:449)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clovis,

please perform a load_systab on the database instance in question.

Does the problem persists afterwards?

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

the problem persists after run load_systab

regards

Clóvis

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clovis,

does the error appear with every user you use for logon?

Have you tried to logon with the SYSDBA account (SUPERDBA for SAP-Instances, DBA for NONSAP-Instances)?

Does the error occur then?

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

with DBA i can see Miscellaneous and Optimizer Statistics for all system schemas and tables (DBA,DOMAIN,OMS and SYSINFO) but in schemas my own schema dont appear and is this that i get the error, any idea?

thanks for fast reply

Clóvis

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clovis,

please check the usertype of your schemauser.

select usermode from users where username=user

Usually this data should be visible when the usermode is 'DBA'.

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

The usermode is RESOURCE, what happen if i change this to DBA?

KR

Clóvis

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clovis,

the 'RESOURCE' user does not have the required privileges to query the table in question here (domain.SYSUPDSTATLOG).

This catalog table is available to the 'DBA' users only.

The difference between these users is described in the documentation

[Database User (SAP Library - Basic Information|http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_6/4f/ac35406ee32e34e10000000a155106/content.htm]

Be aware - it's not the schema owner that needs to be the DBA user, but the user with which you logged onto in DB Studio to query the statistics data.

Anyhow - it's not too nice that DB Studio throws an error for that (even with newer versions). Perhabs this can be handled nicer.

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

How i can see that data without changing the user as DBA, and allow the DBA to see the user schema?

thanks

Clóvis

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Clovis,

you can display the data, when you're logged to the database as e.g. SUPERDBA/DBA in DB Studio.

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

but i connect with the user DBA but the Schema for the user that have usermode RESOURCE dont appears in Schemas list, any idea?

KR

Clóvis

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Clovis,

the schema-list displays only those schemas, where the user you used to logon is actually the OWNER of that schema.

So in that case you'll have to make the owner of the schema DBA.

Anyhow, this user can also own other users in turn, that can use the schema but that are only RESOURCE users.

I guess as long as you don't allow anybody to directly connect to the database (should never happen), than it would be OK to just set usermode to DBA. Especially on your development system.

Regards,

Lars

BTW: there are these little funny things - forum points - for helpful answers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you could deselect the option Preferences->Database Studio->"Show only own database catalog objects" and grant the table to the DBA user of your database.

But be aware that the DBA user than can see and change the data of this table.

Regards

Wolfgang

Answers (0)