cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the port number Visual admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to change the port number of Visual administrator .I tried it from Config tool - secure store - admin/sid/port ..but its still showing the old port number when I try login from visual admin.Please give me the steps..

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I dont suggest u to change the port number.

The default port is as mentioned in the above post.

MIght be the port is blocked just try telnet ipadd 5004

if this doesn't work it seems that ur port is bolcked.

Also when cerating a new connection select direct connection to dispatcher.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't delete the default port but you can create new port, here is the doc. link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/06472c8c7e4d60abffdfff3eb1050f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In secure store data the system is showing port no 50004 but in dispatcher p4 is showing port no is 3011 now which is my port no for Visual admin. I cannot log on to visual from both ports.

visual admin error - Cannot create remote login context while trying to log on to hostname

Edited by: daniel sap on May 4, 2008 2:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

50004 is the standard port, if you are n't able to login means, it must be blocked or already in use. Did you try to rebot the box and connect?

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to unlock the visual administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AS far as i know there no procedure to unlock visual admin,its a tool.Do you unlock the admin user or actually what you want to do?

If you want to unlock the users then you have activate the sap* user and unlock your admin user.

Regards,

Vamshi.