cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Invoice & ARE Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frndz,

I have two types if Saleable finished goods, viz, Excisable and Non Excisable.

1) I want the Excise Invoice to be generated only for Excisable products and not for Non Excisable products. How to block this.

2) But as both the products gets exported, I need to create ARE Documents for the same. Under Normal Scenario, When i create ARE Document , my base document is Excise Invoice.

But in case of Non Excisable products , no Excise invoice is generated , hence billing document will be the base of creating the ARE Document. How to go about this.

Pls. Suggest methods, process or configuration settings for the same.

Regards

Sriram.S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I do not think that without creating excise invoice , you can create ARE.

If you want to create non-excisable billing document ( not a duty forgone case ) , you need to assing 'Chapter ID' accordingly in J1ID , system will automatically behave as duty part is taken care from chapter ID .

ARE : is only applicable where you sell the product without payment of excise duty which is done after custom clearence and producing shipping bill...etc.

Please post if any further clarification needed.

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

As per my knowledge ARE documents can only be created with reference to Excise Invoice.

You can create excise invoice for non excisable materials also with zero duties by maintaining tax classification in material master as non excisable.

Thus it will not have accounting impact as material is non excisable and zero duties will be calculated.

Regards

Nimit