cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML to XSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again guys,

I would like to know if exist software to transform an xml file to xsd file?

The objective is: When I define a Data type, I generate an xsd, so I can also do the inverse… import an xsd file to define my Data Type.

I don’t have the structure of my message in xsd format, but in xml… So for do that, I need to convert my xml file in an xsd file. If it is possible is a great helpful, because I don’t need to define field by field.

This is possible? … Any software which can do something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use StylusStudio (www.StylusStudio.com) or Altova (www.altova.com). Both have free trial versions.

In StylusStudio, open the XML document, choose the Menu XML-> Create Schema from XML Content, and save as a .xsd file.

There may be other editors as well.

If this helps you, please remember to award points.

Cheers,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Yes is very helpful

Don't worry, I don't forget your points

Thanks again,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I allready done the download of Stylos Studio 2006 XML.

Like you sad, I opened my xml file and save it as xsd. But when I try to do the upload to XI Data Type I receive this error: "Schema to be handled does not contain a definition of type CONTABILIZACAO". CONTABILIZACAO is the name of the first element of my xml file.

Note: The xml was generated by XMLspy.

I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

the Datatype editor is intended to model Datatypes from scratch according to the modelling rules defined by the Integration Repository. These modelling rules are much more restrictive then the rules defined by XSD.

The upload functionality in the Datatype editor checks whether these restricted rules are obeyed and refuses to upload when they are not fulfilled. For this reason this function is only of limited use.

In fact the intension is to use External Definitions for type declarations that have been defined externally and are now used inside XI. For External Definitions the rules are much less restrictive.

Currently, the integration Builder does not provide a possibility to build types partially with an external tool and partially with the built in Datatype editor.

Greetings

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, if I have 100 fields for my DataType, I need to define one by one?

There is another "easy" way to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

The answer will be Yes if you dont have an XSD to be loaded in XI then you have 2 options.

1) You create your data type (field by field) in XI and you are done.

or

2) you create the XSD in XMY SPY or Stylus and after that you make the generated XSD valid for XI. How do you that? Adding any required tags for XI or removing any conflicts in the generated XSD definition. You try and try until XI is satisfied with the XSD you are provinding.

If you want to have a quick solution, go for 1 otherwise if you choose for more flexibility then go for option 2.

Cheers,

Roberto

Message was edited by: Roberto Viana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I once had the same problem as you.

For this I hacked a small, dirty Java programm that extracts all data types of a given XSD and creates XI-compliant XSD files for each data type. You can import these XSDs first and then import your own XSD.

Please send me an email and I will send the program to you. Unfortunately it's not possible to attach it to this message.

Hopefully it will also work for your XSD... (no guarantee!!!)

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tobias,

can be helpfully if you load it to some public server (gigabox?) and share the link for the forum.

thanks !

fede

Answers (0)