cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.0 SR3 Installation Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install NW 7.0 SR3 ABAP + JAVA system. I downloaded related DVDs from service.sap.com. When I started installation master I couldnt see "SAP Systems" under SAP Netwevaer 2004s Support release 3. There are "Standalone Engines" "Optional Standalone Units" "Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks". The Installation Master DVD number is 51033511_11.

What is the problem ?

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi buddy

As of NW7 SR3, Your operating system platform must be 64-bit.

You can find this prerequisite in page 10 of installation guide of SR3, also unicode system is mandatory as of this version.

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Altug,

I have the same problem. Starting sapinst.exe I couldnt see "SAP Systems" too. There is only an option in "Copy Systems" to install a "Target System". In this case an Export from an u201CSource Systemu201D is required.

Do you have solved your problem? What is your solution?

Thank you and best regards.

Bernd Simon

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon,

as said you can't use a 32bit system to install SolMan 7.0

See note 1145779 - SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Installation:

<...>

As of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 you can only install dialog instances on 32-bit platforms. All remaining SAP system instances (central instance, database instance, central services instance (SCS), ABAP central services instance (ASCS)) you can only install on 64-bit platforms. Therefore the folder "SAP Systems" is not available on the "Welcome screen", when you start the installation from a installation master DVD for 32-bit.

<...>

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if someone is looking for a way to install the 32-bit version anyway (perhaps for a little test or developer environment) here's a little work-around:

1. Download the NW 7.0 SR3 Installation Master 64-bit too

2. Extract it

3. Copy the file product.catalog to your already extracted 32-bit folder

4. Replace the existing product.catalog or rename it first

5. Start the installer of the 32-bit version

Anyway for an productive environment you should really use only the 64-bit version.

Regards,

Norman Schröder

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you on 32bit? If yes, then you are lost

As of SR3 32bit platforms are deprecated and shouldn´t be used any more.

Markus