Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing XI WSDL into Adaptive Web Service Model fails

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WSDL file from an XI SOAP receiver and I need to import it into an Adaptive Web Service Model. However, when I try to import the file generated out of XI, I get the following error in the log at the top of the stack trace:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.exception.WSModelLimitationException: XML schema element 'any' is not supported by the Web Service model

This is odd because the WSDL has no schema element "any" within it. It does have a number of complex types that use the "all" schema element.

Has anyone encountered such a problem before? If so, what was the workaround to import the XI WSDL file? Or, failing that, how can I create a suitable context to call the XI SOAP service?

TIA.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

There is nothing you can do from dynpro side.

Tell your XI developers to chek the XML schema mentioned for there reciever. And try out a simple one

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, guys. I've awarded some points for the attempts. I know that the WSDL is valid since it is from a working XI configuration. I'm going to open a message with SAP.

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Before importing the webservice model, First test the wsdl with any webclient( altova xml spy, soap ui, extra ) if it is properly working or not. Then import the model in the webdynpro project.

Also refer the weblog

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/08/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-ii

Thanks

Deviprasad.