cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VPRS In Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing with a wierd issue.I am not getting VPRS cost to Billing.It is there in order and it is not copying to Billing.That too it is for some materials.The item categories of the materials are the same.I know that VPRS in billing is not going to affect any entries and generally the consept of cost ends at creation of goods issue COGS is triggered.

Even for some materials ( Line items ) VPRS is copied and for some materials it is not copied.In conditions it is showing requirement 004 is not fulfilled.How come this happen for some line items when all the configuration is same ( The item categories order types billing types Delivery types are same for all the line items)

Can any one help.

Regards

Narayana.Manam

Edited by: manam narayana on May 2, 2008 5:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Check your order type and the order cycle.

If you are using the same order type then check the pricing type in the copy control.

It may happen that for a particular item and order type the VPRS is not coming in the billing document.

Ideally the pricing type should be B .

Check the Customizing entires of you item categories and the order document.

Also check the billing documnets customizing: T code VOFA

I am sure you will find the problem.

reward points if helpful,

regards,

Amlan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you check you item category to see if its cost relevant ?. Check your item category, there is basically a check box for cost. you nned to activate this indocator to have the cost flow to VPRS.

Cheers..

Happy SAPying.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Did you figure out what was causing this issue i have the same problem?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you solve the problem? If yes, - so how? I am struggling with the same issue. The cost condition is not determined in billing document for batch items (however, if it is not batch item determination works OK), - I get the mess. that req. 004 is not satisfied, though, it should be.

thx,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is happening for Batch Items.But we didnt worry of that because all the work of costing is end at Delivery when we create a PGI, COGS gets affected and there is nothing to do Cost in Billing.

Our COGS is getting affected in delivery.and so we didnt bother about that issue..The issue is because of Batch management and we need to discuss with MM condultants regarding that.We are unable to spare much time on that as Cost is not going to affect any G/L accounts in billing.

Thanks,

Sree.Manam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I notice is that requirement 4 says : check: t001-bukrs = t001k-bukrs

But this is NEVER the case in IC billing. Otherwise you have intra company.

They must be different, this is why requirment 4 does not make sense in IC billing if you want COGS posted during billing in stead of posting

during PGI.

If anybody has a better idea, please let me know.

Eric.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the MMR of those materials whether the Cost is Moving Average (or Standard). This is only to probe and get some clue. If it is moving average then we may get some clue on this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Sankar & Jitesh.But i hav gone through the code of req 004 and everything set....some where in batch management...there is some issue..As per the requirement 004..Plant should be set..and i think in batch managament may be some issue mighth hav been there..If any one worked on Batch management extensively..Please try to answer.

Thanks,

Narayana.Manam

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi narayana

Have you checked the batch management in MRP screens in MMR for a material for which VPRS is not coming in billing?

Let me know

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check item category level whether select the option DETERMINE COST

then goto copy control SALES DOCUMENT TO BILLING DOCUMENT

Tcode: VTFA

Source sales document type is OR

Tgt Billing document type is F2 ( i mean if ur in std)

check item category level select the option for CUMULATIVE cost.

check in Delivery documet to billing document level also.

put the option for cumulative cost.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the configurations mentioned above are done,I mentioned clearly in my query that the issue is for line items of same item category.

And i gone through the system and batch managed materials VPRS is not picking in to billing and VPRS for materials with out batch managed are picking.

Can any one add some information on this..

Regards

Narayana.Manam

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirement 4 is as follows

• Determine costs according to item category configuration (TVAP)

form kobed_004.

sy-subrc = 4.

if komp-kposn ne 0.

check: t001-bukrs = t001k-bukrs.

check: komp-werks ne space.

check: komp-evrwr = 'X'.

check: komp-fareg na '45'.

endif.

sy-subrc = 0.

endform.

• Prestep

form kobev_004.

sy-subrc = 0.

endform.

check: t001-bukrs = t001k-bukrs. this line indicates that company code in company Codes table , should be be same as valuation area table, so check the valuation area from the material master and check that valuation area in T001K if it is in same company code.

check: komp-werks ne space this checks if plant is populated 99% it will be.

check: komp-evrwr = 'X'., this is for determine cost indicator, please check first in item category definition if cost indicator is checked then in item table of sales order als, it may happen at time of sales order creation this was not checked.

check: komp-fareg na '45' Rule in billing plan/invoice plan, please check if it is configured.

you can put a breakpoint and check

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

check ur item category whether determine cost field is checked.

regards,

ram