cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

header/item pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a basic foundation question which is kind of confusing me. Can anyone explain the difference between header & item pricing in sales order/ delivery.

Does it differentiate based on header and item condition types…..and is it like by looking the field used in access sequence(which can have a mix of item and header fields) can one say if a condition type is header or item …right??? thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Uma Kanth

The main differences between header condition and item conditions are

a) If it is item condition, you need to maintain the condition type for each and every line item in the sale order / billing. If it is a header condition, that condition will itself take care of splitting the value proportionately to all line items in billing for which you need to click on "Activate" button in VF01 / VF02

b) Header condition should not have access sequence while item condition should have

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I identify weather it is a header or item condition type in sales order? and I guess there is no condition record for header condition type, so is the value entered directly on contions tab in header???

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umakanth

In the sales order you enter a the header condition type manually whereas item condition type have access sequence so you maintain condition record for item condition type.

In sales order - > item data->conditions tab when you click on the condition type it will show as automatic pricing. item condition types are automatic pricing done as condition records are maintained where as if you see for header condition types it shows as manually entered

Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umakanth,

As you know , these condition types used to meet the certain conditions of the business interms of pricing is concerned.

we have different types of conditions,

Condtion type may have,

• Header condition (no access seq): this type of condition is allowed to whole document.-this wont appearsin item level

*Item Condition ( access seq will be assigned) : its specific to item

*Header/Item Condition ( no access seq):Manual entry-header condition, applicable to all items, nothing but the amount entered will be copied in all items in the document.appearsin item level.

• Groud Condition/Header Condition ( no access seq):

Manual entry- amount entered distributed in all items -

proportionately.appearsin item level.

Hope it helps

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umakanth

1st of all item conditon types will have access sequence whereas header condition types doesnt have access sequence

secondly the price that calculates at sales order is, for item conditon type is that it is valid only for that line item

where as header condition type takes the total value of all the line items and shows

Regards

Srinath