cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound delivery - desable line item addition and deletion ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to prevent users adding and deleting line items on the outbound delivery? I need to not allow adding line item on the outbound delivery (VL02N) without that line item being referenced in the sales order. I know I can do this via user-exit, but was wondering if there is a standard functionality that will do this check? SAP sometimes has a strange behavior

Example:

Line item on the sales order must be equal to a line item on the delivery note, if line item is deleted from a delivery and then later on manually typed backed in, it will screw the sales order and the billing process, unless you do it through the menu option (VL02N - OUTBOUND DELIVERY - DELIVER SALES ORDER).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Oleg

At delivery, you can prevent adding new line item. For this, go to 0184 (zero), select the delivery type and item category group. There maintain blank field for "ItmC". By doing so, whatever material you are maintaining in sale order, you can do delivery only for that material and no new items can be added. This is bcoz you are removing the assignment of item category at delivery level and defaulting at sale order level.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, can you please be a little more specific on what you mean? there are 2 columns for "ItmC"

DlvT ItcG Usg ItmC ItmC

-

-

-

-

-

LF TEXT TATX

LF BANS TAW ZTAR

LF DIEN TAW ZTAW

LF DIEN TAW ZTAW

LF LUMF TAP

LF NORM TAN

LF NORM C TAN

LF NORM CHSP ZBAT

LF NORM CHSP KLN KLN

LF NORM CHSP TANN TANN

LF NORM PACK DLN DLX DLP KEN

LF NORM PSEL TAX TAPS

LF NORM V TAN

LF VERP DLN

LF ZDCH TAN

LF ZDCH CHSP TAN

LF ZLMY CHSP ZLNN

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi oleg

What lakshmipathi is telling is to enter the item category in the blank feild that is nothing but the manual item category

Regards

Srinath

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi oleg

I think If you can go with the transacation variants with t.code SHDO , then i think you can disable or remove the feilds whichever you may feel it is unnecessary. As per your requirement you may create

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will try it. It's seems a little confusing from my initial look.