cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver trial install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day folks ...

I've installed Netweaver/ABAP on a server ..

I've installed the SAP GUI on a client ..

no issues ...

I then installed Netweaver/Java on the same server ..

The J2EE .. on the server ..

The US Java cryto ext on the server ..

The NetWeaver Developer Studio on the client ..

My J2 runtime on the client v 1.4.2.09 ..

from the client .. browsing to http://192.168.0.10:50100/index.html establishes a good install .. ??

but when I attempt to package a tutorial in NWDS .. I error out .. SDM not configured correctly ..

When I browse to where SDM is suppose to be located to launch the .bat to start the service ..

it does not exist ???

THOUGHTS .. SUGGESTIONS ???

THANKS !!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of Netweaver is it?

> The NetWeaver Developer Studio on the client ..

> My J2 runtime on the client v 1.4.2.09 ..

If its Netweaver 2004s. the JDK should be min 1.4.2.12 and above

> When I browse to where SDM is suppose to be located to launch the .bat to start the service ..

did you cd to ../SDM/program, the SDM executables are located here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaji .. THANKS for the reply ..

The listed sys req states "Sun Microsystems J2SE SDK version 1.4.2_08 or 1.4.2_09 (Sun JDK 1.5 not tested). You can download this from Sun Microsystems at http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_09/index.html. Please note that version 1.4.2_10 may cause installation problems."

Please verify this is no longer the case .. and if so pehaps the folks at SDN can update the requirements documentation ..

When i attempt to deploy ... this is the message I'm presented with ...

/userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

When I browse to ..

/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE_NAME>/SDM/program/

to attempt to start SDM manually .. I find .. the SDM directory does not exist ...

THOUGHTS ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then have the right version of Java installed (1.4.2.9) and try to reinstall the trial version after uninstalling.