cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put identical target value in value mapping table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am implementing a value mapping function .Problem is occuring for repetated target value.for ex: if key is GL001 GL002 GL003 and destination value is 4 5 4 then its creating problem for identical values i.e for both GL001 & GLOO3 its not accepting 4 .Same manner for many diffrent glncode i have identical values.not understanding how to deal with these identical values please guide me as its very urgent.

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

You can implement this very easily.

For target values you can concatinate the source and target values together and populate the Value Map.

For Example

Source          Target

GL001          GL001|4

GL002          GL002|5

GL003          GL003|4

This will retain the uniqueness.

But you will have to handle the values after lookup. So you will have to ignore all the values before pipe(along with it).

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Create a value map with one source and target e.g. GL0001 -4.Give a group name.

Save the values,then reselect the group.

It will show the newly created source schema and agency, target schema and agency.

Now, copy the source schema and agency.It will ask allow duplicates.Choose yes.

Enter the new source value for the same/repeated target value.

It will allow to create a duplicate.

Regards,

Indu Khurana.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try keeping different Value Mapping Agencies i.e Source-Agency&Scheme and Target-Agency&Scheme for GL001 AND GL003 the one's with duplicate entries and refer the appropriate agency during Value mapping in design

Edited by: Ramya Iyer on May 5, 2008 12:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sharma,

Your problem can be solved by using fixed value mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chirag ,

thanks for quick response,i will tell u whole scenario in short.source is a field AWSYS and destination is GLNCODE

occurence of both the field is 0to 1 .

AWSYS GLNCODE

GLOO1 10

GLOO2 20

GL003 10

like this i have to maintain value.now igf in the sender side GLOO1 is coming then target value should be 10.

for this i have been told to implement valuemapping.Now when in ID while maintainnig values for the value map table if we give same value of GLNCODE for diffrent AWSYS values then its not accepting the same value.Thats the problem itried to create group also but i didnot work.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

you can try this out....

First you create a value mapping table in ID like:

AWSYS GLNCODE

GLOO1 10

GLOO2 20

(without GLOO3).

now in your message mapping do the following mapping:

Contant[GLOO1]
                               |
                               |(then)
AWSYS-------------> equals---->if----------------->Value Mapping---->GLNCODE
                    |          |(else)
                    |          |
Constant[GLOO3]-----|        AWSYS

**Reward points if helpful...

--Sankar Choudhury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u tell me ur target strucutre occurance and also the exact scenario with proper example.

r u using fixed mapping in graphical mapping

chirag