cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM data in Multiple Languages display simultaneously in portal is it possi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM/Portal experts,

I am using MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch02. Interested in supporting data in about 10 languages.

In Data Manager, I can see the data in more than one language at one shot and I can maintain them.

If I am using portal , would it be possible to show the data for a single field ( ex: Material Description set as Multi language) in all supported languages and maintain them easily in one session ?

The reason I am asking this is :

When I read /tested the APIs, we need to connect to repository specifying the Language. and when we do search/query, we get the data back in the language we have established the connection.

So if I have to get the values of the field in multiple languages, do I have to connect in each of those languages and retrive the data separately ?

For those who are used to SAP R/3 : we can log on in one language , but are able to display/ maintain data in other languages . Example : Material descriptions can be maintained in the additional data tab where we can specify the language and description in one shot. Or standard Text using SO10 .

Thanks.

Siva k.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tobi,

Thanks for your answer. It is very reassuring to know that you have successfully done it before.

I have assigned points for this answer to you. If it is not too much trouble, could you please the share code ? It would be very helpful to get started in this path.

Thanks

Siva K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tobi,

I am very much interested to know the code which you have implemented to access the MDM SP6 data for multiple languages .

I have tried to use the way you suggested using the RegionalLayer.ALL on the command RetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.

But the searched record is giving the data for the logged in language and not giving the values for the fields which are multiligual.

In my case two languages are defined in data manager LOCAL [ANY] and English [US] ...

Could you please share the code which you used . i am searching lot on this since long time.

does any settings required in Console or data manager to support the regional layer settings.

Advance thanks for your pointers ...

Thanks and Regards

Dushyant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

it is possible to retrieve other languages than the one you are logged on with.

I have implemented this in my last project with SP6 P1.

Just make sure to pass the RegionalLayer.ALL parameter of the command.

Afterwards you can store strings as MultiregionValue with any modify command.

If you are interessted in some code let me know.

Kind regards,

Tobi