cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_FUNCTION_MAP options and usages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand there are different enties are required to be maintained in BBP_FUNCTION_MAP to achieve certain business goals. The entries that are to be maintained in this table are apparently available in different documents (scatterred in different documents).

Is there any consolidate documents which relates the entries of this table with the processes in SRM?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

you are saying:

You can understand the logic, when you set a breakpoint in the META_BAPI_DISPATCH and execute e.g. the transaction BBP_PD (with the flag check documents) or BBPSC01 (and you start to create the SC) in the SAP_GUI.

I have set a breakpoint and nothing happens.

Regards

Ilhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. This table dictates by backend system type which function module in SRM is called for each action, and this in turn drives which BAPI is called in R/3.

If you look in the IMG in SRM under SRM Server > Technical Settings > Define Backend Systems you set up the backend systems here, and give each one a type.

It is this backend system type that is then looked up in table BBP_FUNCTION_MAP, along with business object and method.

For example, if you were creating an asset by pressing the create asset button in the shopping cart, and your backend system type was R/3 4.7, function B46_CREATE_ASSET would be called.

Regards,

Dave.

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

You can understand the logic, when you set a breakpoint in the META_BAPI_DISPATCH and execute e.g. the transaction BBP_PD (with the flag check documents) or BBPSC01 (and you start to create the SC) in the SAP_GUI.

We need the BBP_FUNCTION_MAP for communicating with the backend system. There might be different releases connected to the SRM system (and this different releases have different data structure) and we have to convert the data into the corresponding structure of the backend release .

The BBP_FUNCTION_MAP consists the drivers (for the normal function modules) /adaptors (for the object oriented programs) of the different backend releases. When the SRM communicates to the backend system, we call the function META_BAPI_DISPATCH, and this reads the table BBP_FUNCTION_MAP. The typical call of the META_BAPI_DISPATCH is:

CALL FUNCTION 'META_BAPI_DISPATCH'

EXPORTING

object = 'BUS6008'

method = 'Check'

logical_system = logical_system

IMPORTING

functionname = call_function

TABLES

control_record = control_record

EXCEPTIONS

object_not_found = 1

OTHERS = 2.

We fill the object, the method and the logical_system and the 'META_BAPI_DISPATCH' reads the function BBP_FUNCTION_MAP into the call_function. This call function is dynamically filled from the BBP_FUNCTION_MAP-FUNCTION. At the end we call the backend system in this function.

Regards,

Peter

LeventeKiraly
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Biju,

the table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB has the Delivery Class "S - System table, maint. only by SAP, change = modification".

I think there is no SAP documentation to maintain this...

(fyi: the function module META_BAPI_DISPATCH is using/reading this table.)

To be honest, I would not touch this table as this is determinig the driver function modules to the different backend systems.

Regards, Levente

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Levente,

Thanks for your input. I was not actually looking for changing this table but trying to understand how this table work and how each entries and field control the process

This table is suggested to be changed to resolve some issues based on OSS Notes. Refer OSS Note 316981 for example

Regards

Biju Cherian