cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Possible to use both techniques e.g. SAP Scripts & Smart Forms .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this possible to use both techniques e.g. SAP Scripts & Smart Forms in Same Projects.

My current project having requirement of the Both techniques, in which conditions i can use this. Becuase Smart Form is advanced tech for SAP Scripts. So will be there need the use both techniques in same project. Pls provide if there is any e.g.

Hitesh

Edited by: Hitesh Patil on May 2, 2008 3:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hitesh,

it is absoultely possible to use both scripts and smartforms in the same project.

scripts cost is less when compared to the smartforms.if ur client is not intrested to spend much money he can go for scripts.

in some scenarios the client wants to use scripts for some customers and smartforms for some customers.then he will choose the option what ever he wants.

if he is intrested in spending he can go for adobe forms also.

let us take an example of generating cheque through script.it can be possible by both scripts and smartforms.basing on the requirement we will use either of them.

and in the case of dunning form also we can use both scripts and smartforms.suppose he does not wants to use much more money on dunning bcoz it also charged from customer of the client then he can go for scripts.or else he wants send it through a neat format in mail he can use smartforms.

please reward me if useful

thanks,

gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls explain in details & more specific scenarios. I want some scenarios in SD, MM, FICO. U got the My question & Given good answer But i want more specific.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to see the advantages the smartforms having than scripts, refer:

[;

below i ahve given the features rovided by smartform, when compared to script:

1. The adaption of forms is supported to a large extent by graphic tools for layout and logic, so that no programming knowledge is necessary (at least 90% of all adjustments). Therefore, power user forms can also make configurations for your business processes with data from an SAP system. Consultants are only required in special cases.

2. Displaying table structures (dynamic framing of texts)

3. Output of background graphics, for form design in particular the use of templates which were scanned.

4. Colored output of texts

5. User-friendly and integrated Form Painter for the graphical design of forms

6. Graphical Table Painter for drawing tables

7. Reusing Font and paragraph formats in forms (Smart Styles)

8. Data interface in XML format (XML for Smart Forms, in short XSF)

9. Form translation is supported by standard translation tools

10. Flexible reuse of text modules

11. HTML output of forms (Basis release 6.10)

12. Interactive Web forms with input fields, pushbuttons, radio buttons, etc.

so, by considering these features, based on the application, u can choose any one, either script or smartform.

hope this helps u.

reward if helpful.