cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP 2005 SR2 IDES Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i m trying to install SAP IDES ERP SR2 with the WAS ABAP only and i have some problems.

I have installed SQL with the SQL DVD deliverd from SAP by double clicking on SQL4SAP. I also have installed java plateform (j2sdk-1_4_2_17-windows-i586-p.exe) and executed the Windows NT Patch from the Installation Master.

We have the OS Windows Server 2003 SR2 32 bits and here is the problem at the step number 10 (Create/modify database schema SID) from the Log Browse :

ERROR 2008-05-02 14:45:26
FCO-00011  The step CreateDatabase with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_MSS_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|MssSchemaCreate|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|CreateDatabase was executed with status ERROR .

From the SAPinst log:

ERROR      2008-05-02 14:45:26 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:731]
           showDialog() 
FCO-00011  The step CreateDatabase with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_MSS_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|MssSchemaCreate|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|CreateDatabase was executed with status ERROR .

INFO       2008-05-02 14:53:22 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:782]
           showDialog() 
An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_MSS_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|MssSchemaCreate|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|CreateDatabase".

ERROR      2008-05-02 14:45:26 
           lib=iamodmssql module=CIaNtMssDmo
MDB-05053  Errors when executing sql command: <p nr="0"/> If this message is displayed as a warning - it can be ignored. If this is an error - call your SAP support.

INFO       2008-05-02 14:53:22 [synxcpath.cpp:776]
           CSyPath::createFile() 
Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ERP\SYSTEM\MSS\CENTRAL\AS\__instana_tmp.xml.

Exit status of child: 1

Your help will be greatfull for me.

Best regards.

Pascal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois-Xavier,

I am faceing exactly the same problem. MSSQL 2005 64 bit Windows 2003 hetergeneuos Systemcopy from 4.7 on HP-UX to WINDOWS. The target machine is also VM. The disk for the database are raw devices!

The installation of CI is fine. The installation of DB instance winds up with exactly the same error .

How did you resolve the problem?

Regards

Joachim

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message tells the following:

"The creation of the database failed".

To get more information sort the logfiles in the installation directory by date and check the latest *.log files for issues.

It's also advised to install the database software not only from the latest DVD but also check for the newest service pack and the lastest cummulative update before starting the actual installation.

Markus

michael_kadinsky
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've got the same situation during the SCM 5.1 IDES installation on Windows 2003 with MSSQL.

My problem was missing directories for data files. I had to create them manually.

Here is the example:

<drive>:\DATA\MSSQL\<SAPSID>\<SAPSID>DATA1

<drive>:\DATA\MSSQL\<SAPSID>\<SAPSID>DATA2

<drive>:\DATA\MSSQL\<SAPSID>\<SAPSID>DATA3...etc.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Win server 2003 32 bit will not be a problem at all. one thing you might take into consideration is the disk space, for after installation IDES ERP 2005 will take 160 GB in case you need to copy extra clients, etc.

Please refer to the OSS note 1013391.

Regards,

Hicham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have resolved a part of the problem.

I am working on a VM and i have changed the DATA SAP installation path (175 Go) on an external disk.

When i made a new VM with all the installation in the same disk, the problem is resolved.

Thanks for replying.

Pascal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP highly recommends Windows 2003 64 bit for ERP 6.0. (you can read that in the installation guides)

I'm not sure if that's the problem but if you are able to correct this, do it.

good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please,

can anyone help? Do you need more informations?

I will be thanksfull.

Regards