cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create hierarchies in wendynpro(not byusing treebynestingtablecolumn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is there any other controller with which i can create hierarchies(other than treebynestingtablecolumn and tree).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kukku,

first youhave to insert master column by right clicking your table. then bind the property onLoadChildren of the treebynestingcolumn to some method.Add a parameter of type TreeElement in this method.

Also don't forget to bind the property expanded to some boolean value.

now in the doModify do the mapping for this parameter in the method

IWDTreeByNestingTableColumn tn =(IWDTreeByNestingTableColumn)view.getElement("treebynestingcolumnID");

tn.mappingOfOnLoadChildren().addSourceMapping("path","treeelementparameter");

now if you write the code to add elements to the tree inside the method onLoadChildren , it wil get added as a hierarchy of the element that is clicked.

regards,

rahul.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rahul,

u can mail me ur application at yellowkukku@yahoo.co.in

i succeeded in getting two major nodes,but i m not getting the sub nodes and ite descriptions now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i tried the same procedure.but not succeeded.can u tell me what this "path" refers to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"path" is the name of the event parameter and must exactly be written this way in the parameter mapping statement. Later Web Dynpro versions have an interface with constants for these parameter names and also support for creating parameter mappings declaratively in NWDS.

Referring to your first question: Why don't you want to use Tree or TreeByNestingTableColumn?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i was not able to get the desired output with treebynestingtablecolumn.is there anyother way??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kukku,

can you tell us what output do you need. please elaborate on the scenario u need.

regards,

rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rahul,

my desired output is like this:

branch.............id..................address

Science.............01................. st john's college

-bio .............011..................st john's college

-student1.......011b.................abc house

-student2.......012b.................xyz house

-maths ..........02...................st johnscollege

-student1.......021..................ghy house

i created action loadchildcatalogentries with parameter "element" of type ICatalogEntriesElement.then i created anothe action Select with the same parameter "element" and of same type.proceeded in the same way as in the doc.but i dont know vr i have gone wrong.plz help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kukku,

can u give me your mail id, as i've created a similar application. i can forward you with that.

regards,

rahul.