cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with file adapter (Sender) -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

in a present project, I verify each day the status of a sender service (file adapter) and verify the monitor the messages of the adapter engine. This morning I found out that the message monitoring of the adapter engine does not show any more messages linked to the file sender adapter. Several files, however, have been put into the source folder of the ftp-server, from where the file sender adapter normally polls the files to be sent to the integration engine.

I verified the status of the ftp-server, from where the file sender adapter polls the files. This server works fine.

In the runtime workbench (RWB), I looked into the cache monitoring. Data of the file sender service (of the central adapter engine) were correct.

In the component monitoring of the RWB, I verified the status of the adapter engine on the active integration server. The status shows a green light. The adapter engine, hence, seems to be working correctly.

What else could I verify, in order to find out the reason why no more files are processed by the sender file adapter?

Thank you and kind regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Did u check the comm channel monitoring??any info from there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be the problem with communication channel. Please check the respective communication channel is active or not. And then look at the communication channle monitoring.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

thanks for your reply. I did check the monitoring of the communication channel. It tells me that the communication channel is correctly configured and active.

What else could prevent the communication channel from accepting the files?

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Banu,

thanks for your reply. I did check the monitoring of the communication channel. It tells me that the communication channel is correctly configured and active.

What else could prevent the communication channel from accepting the files?

Best regards

Stefan

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefans,

The problem might happens when the communication channel ties to pick the file , but as the file is a simple test file and required content conversion . So if there is any mismatched in the field length, it will not pick the file anymore.

Moreover , It tries for 3 times and then failed to ppick it up.

Now , just keep a copy of the file that fails to processed.

If your scenerio is a file to file scenerio then just make your communication channel inactive, save activate ,

again make it active,save,activate..

push one more file with the correct format and then see, if it is picking up the file and processing it or not.

I have experienced most of the time, where all the things shows sucessful, but still the file will not be generated. so i jst did this and see the output generated..

Check it out,,

I belive i have not misunderstood your problem.

Reward if helpful..

thanks.

JGD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Communication channel (File Adapter) is marked as OK in the communication channel monitor. Sometimes, however, communication channel is not active and needs to be 'reactivated' by changing, saving and activating the communication channel in the config directory. Will raise an OSS message to get that problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell what is the valu for Control in communcation channel monitor for the channel "Manually or Automatically"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arvind,

control for communication channel is automatic. The short status message tells 'Communication channel is correctly configured and...'.

Kind regards

Stefan

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is may be due to your sender File adapter configuration. Is it using File content Conversion? If this is the case means the files in the ftp are not valid i.e. file adapter picksup these files and tries to convert to valid xml file but there may be a situation where files are not in correct format. File adapter tries for 3 times a warning will be shown in communication channel monitoring in this time. After 3 attempts it will be moved to Archive directory and it will not create any message either in adapter engine or integration engine.

Regards,

Daniel.LA

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is may be due to your sender File adapter configuration. Is it using File content Conversion? If this is the case means the files in the ftp are not valid i.e. file adapter picksup these files and tries to convert to valid xml file but there may be a situation where files are not in correct format. File adapter tries for 3 times a warning will be shown in communication channel monitoring in this time. After 3 attempts it will be moved to Archive directory and it will not create any message either in adapter engine or integration engine.

Regards,

Daniel.LA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your reply. Indeed, I find an error in the communication channel monitiring indication that the input file is in a bad XML-format. The input files, I'm trying to send via the file adapter are, however, flat files with a fixed length of 350 characters for each line.

Can you interpret the error message

Error when converting the file content of the XML at position 0: sun.io.MalformedInputException.

Isn't the file adapter capable to transform simple flat files?

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I do not know whether it is possible to use an advanced properties in the adapter to activate a trace (like it is for the JDBC adapter), so I'd suggest activating debug mode for your adapter, thus you will be able (I hope) to see what happens internally (using LogViewer for instance). Also, ask ftp server's admin to activate (or check) access log files to see what are the commands issued by the adapter, maybe it can help too

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also,....

You can see asynch messages in MONI, but are not able to view Synch messages? Is this what you mean?

If yes, then in SXMB_ADM --> Integration Engine Configuration --> Specific Configuration --> Add the parameter ,

Category --> RunTime LOGGING_SYNC set to 1.

*******Reward points, if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BVS,

thank you for your reply. I do not have a problem with sync messages, I only deal with asynchroneous communication.

Kind regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had this problem before - the connection to the FTP server has been lost even though the RWB suggests the adapter communication channel is functioning ok.

What version are you using ? I experienced this issue on XI 3.0 but not sure if it is still present on PI 7.0 and above.

It may be worth raising an OSS to get this resolved or at least looked at.

The obvious way to fix it is to restart the communication channel and everything will start again but this is not a long term fix.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

You can also use the RunTimeWorkBench for monitoring,

In the RWB , use Communication Channel Monitoring to see the status of the individual adapters and use the Message Monitoring to montior messages of both the integration engine and the adapter engine

**********Reward points,if found useful