cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one plase explain me the difference between 2 programs BBP_VENDOR_SYNC and BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB.

I have a requirement of updating the vendor details only to some selected vendors, how can i dot it. I guess it should be done with BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB.

Is it mandatroy to run BBP_VENDOR_SYNC if we run BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB. If not can i background schedule BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB alone by giving vendor numbers and scheduling it with variant.

Its urgent.

Regards,

Ravi G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Unless I am missing something BBP_VENDOR_SYNC is just a newer version of the older programs that does everything in one place.

There are 2 ways to replicate vendors (3 on SRM 5 I believe, still investigating that).

The old way was via BBPGETVD which gets new vendors and BBPUPDVD which replicates changes to existing vendors including creating vendors in new purchase orgs.

There were batch programs created for these 2 transactions, BBP_VENDOR_GET_DATA_JOB and BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB which could be scheduled.

Then on later versions BBP_VENDOR_SYNC was introduced.

In the IMG you can go to SRM Server > Technical Basic Settings > Settings for vendor syncronisation.

In this IMG transaction you can make settings for BBP_VENDOR_SYNC. In here you can set that you want new vendors and changes to both come over, or just one or the other. You also set up the org unit you want new vendors to attach to. In the older transactions you put the org unit in the selection screen.

In terms of functionality I have seen no real difference.

We replicate HR data from R/3 and the older vendor programs were causing issues with org unit numbers, so we have to use BBP_VENDOR_SYNC, and as that is the newer program I would use that if at all possible.

Regards,

Dave.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check old threads.

[|]

[|]

Regards,

Masa