cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

route stages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i've done individual shipments, but not collective. just need to clarify certain assumptions.

the requirement: along a truck shipment route, the forwarder will unload one half of the load to customer 13, then proceeds for the balance of the trip and unloads the rest of the load to customer 18. i assume this would be collective-road shipment?

now my questions:

1. do we assign the same transportation zone to both customers 13 and 18 so that the same route will be proposed?

2. do we define stages for the route, with customer 13 as reference for one connection point and 18 as the other connection point?

3. after we do this, will the shipment document summarize weight or quantity to be unloaded at each point?

many thanks in advance for your inputs.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jonathan yap,

First of all, Yes of course it's a collective shipment!!

Every route will have one or more stages.

In this scenario of your's, there are two stages.

1. From the shippint point to the customer 13--- stage 1

2. From customer 13 to the customer 18----

stage 2

Regarding your queries,

1. Yeah, the transportation zone will be the same.

2. The stages needs to be defined.But i'm not sure whether it's with reference to the customer 13...

3. Yes, the shipment document can give all the details like the weight unloaded at each points..

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, friends.

i need more of your valued inputs...

just need someone to say if what i'm doing is right or wrong...

thanks.

Edited by: jonathan yap on May 2, 2008 6:43 PM

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI,

maintain the stages as said above, but dont use the reference field- either shipping point/plant or customer.

but just maintain the Country field in the address.

Customer-13, may not be the ref always -( yes, it could be right for this scenario, but not always)

Shipping point may not be use as the ref _ it will be vary depends upon the route stages , so suggest to use the connection points.

one more thing, wnt to inform you, your transporation zone should be same to determine the route and yes you can maintain same transportation zone,if your req is like so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Riyaj.

very much appreciate the tip. but my problem is that if i don't maintain a reference shippint point in the connection points, the system will issue an error message.

just to confirm, in the shipment there will be a summary of material quantity (e.g. number of cartons) and volume (e.g. cubic meter) per stage? where do if find this?

many thanks.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which one you are ref, for summary of material quantity (e.g. number of cartons) and volume (e.g. cubic meter

are you talking abt: Volume unit in shipment doc- stages tab

if yes,

find this from help:

The system calculates the volume for each item by multiplying the delivery quantity by the volume per unit that comes from the sales order. If there is no related sales order, the system uses the volume from the material master record.

if not,

plz let me know, where exactly its showing in shipment doc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

i believe you have my requirements just about right.

going back to the connection points... the system will not allow definition of connection points without either a shipping point or a customer as reference. or did i miss anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i guess what i'm trying to do is configure automatic leg determination, or automatic assignment of deliveries to legs, which is not happening.

your help will be very much appreciated.

regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved.