Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configured multiple inbound interfaces in Interface Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Small quick question:

If I enter more than one inbound interfaces in the Interface Determination without any conditions will it then use both?

Why I ask:

I have put in two inbound interfaces. The first one has a condition to check on the existence of a certain field in the message. If it is there it should use this interface.

But it sometimes also uses the second interface (which has no condition) when the first condition is true. So it uses both!

I thought it was like a switch statement, the first which is true is used.

Or are all for which the conditions are true used? So also when I don't enter a condition, will it then execute?

Thanks for your advice.

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here generally the following thing shld happen

If you gave the condition like Source Fld = 1 then If the first condition is true means it shld take first Interface

If you didnt specify any thing in the second Interface means by default the second will execute when the First condition is False.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that's what I thought should happen.

However, sometimes when Condition 1 is true, it send to interface 1 and then also to the second interface which has no condition.

How is this possible?

Should I just also condition the second one to make sure?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It takes all the inbound interfcaes which you mentioned in the interface determination.If you mention the condition for a particular inbound interface it takes basing on the condition.If you are not specify the condition,it takes the inbound interface automatically.It does not matter first interface condition is true or false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally it shouldn't happen.

Check all the configurations once again

Then give the condition for the sencond Interface also and check it

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I'm getting completely contradicting answers. What will be the end-verdict.

Who can help out?

Cheers.

Kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conditional Interface determination is used to detrmine the particular inbound interface basing on the condition specified.That is not a swich case.

It will send the message all the message interfaces which you mentioned in the interface determination (If you specify the condition,it takes basing on that for that particular interface)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Dear experts,

>

> Small quick question:

> If I enter more than one inbound interfaces in the Interface Determination without any conditions will it then use both?

>

Yes.

> Why I ask:

> I have put in two inbound interfaces. The first one has a condition to check on the existence of a certain field in the message. If it is there it should use this interface.

> But it sometimes also uses the second interface (which has no condition) when the first condition is true. So it uses both!

>

> I thought it was like a switch statement, the first which is true is used.

It doesn't work as a switch. It will check all the interfaces and execute all.

>

> Or are all for which the conditions are true used? So also when I don't enter a condition, will it then execute?

It will be executed for those you ahve conditions as ture as well as which do not any any conditions.

I hope now you got your ans..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers.