cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Exceed in wddoModifyView().

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam getting an error Code Exceed in wddoModifyView().Im using NWDS 2.0.Has anyone faced this problem before? Is there any soluttion for this?Please dont tell me to reduce the code in the wddoModifyview().

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give a description on the error that you are getting. Whats the Error Report showing and is it happening after deploying or on saving prj?

Regards

Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you have overcome the allowed maximum variable size limit, ie 65535 (Unsigned integer size).

Regards

Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im getting the error on saving the project.

The Error Description is :

The code of Method wdDoModifyView is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit.

Is there any way out for this problem?

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Edited by: padmalatha kontham on May 2, 2008 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Identify some amount of code that you can club into a method and then just call that particular method in your wdDoModifyView() instead of writing the code directly in wdDoModifyView().

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean you have written thousands of code lines inside wdDoModifyView()? Can you give more details?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I have written around 9000 lines of code in wdDoModifyView().

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Padma,

SAP recommends to keep as little code as possible in wdDoModifyView() coz this is the method that would be called on each and every event and this can affect performance to a larger extent.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmalatha

Please try to put some generic code like the for loops,etc (you need be decisive about it) into method and call that method from the wdDoModifyView.

This is a limitation but you have handle it by componentizing code into methods.

Regards

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I ask why?

To overcome the problem, you can just move parts of that code into other static methods and call them from wdDoModifyView(). But I have my doubts about your current implementation.

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

it seems that you have exceeded the limit of code needed to be written in wdModifyView.

My first advice to you for developing web dynpro based application will be to avoid putting any code inside wdModifyView particularly doing some logical coding with context attributes like adding/removing elements.The reason for this is that the working of wdModify is not under our control.It is controlled by wed dynpro runtime environment and you may encounter some bug due to this.

If you really want to go with the wdModifyView, then in your case you can either make use of some other methodnd call the same method from wdModifyView to reduce the code limit..this is just a workaround...

regards,

amit bagati